Sign in to follow this  
Robch

Corrado storm?

What's the going rate for one of these fine animals in good condition, standard with about 60-70k on the clock?

About 7 or 8k if its in very good condition.

I think. :)

Robch, There is one on my local Autotrader low mileage 60k,£9995,theres also another one 105k @£5,800.Really depends how much you want to pay for one. :) :) :mrgreen:

About 7 or 8k if its in very good condition.

I think. :)

agree with jims16v there.............though it would also have to come with fvwsh,be in vgc,have as few as possible previous owners and of course be in rude health.............though be aware that there can be better spec vr6's with leather for less and of course most insurers rate the storm in group 19 as opposed to non-storm vr6's group 18

and of course it should be classic green with beige leather or mystic blue(purply looking in sunlight) with black leather................

hth

But if you are a total Corrado enthusiast, that extra grand or two for that Storm badging makes all the difference :)

I'd prefer a Storm, as you can tell from my sig I drive a MK3 Highline at the mo and would like to stick with the rarer "last of the run" theme! Am I also right in thinking that the Storm was the only C to come in mystic blue? And could you get a "normal" C in classic green?

I'd prefer a Storm, as you can tell from my sig I drive a MK3 Highline at the mo and would like to stick with the rarer "last of the run" theme! Am I also right in thinking that the Storm was the only C to come in mystic blue? And could you get a "normal" C in classic green?

you could also get a non-storm C in classic green and biege leather too :cry:

Right! So Mystic Blue is the one to go for then!!!! :D Cheers chaps!

Now never having owned a C, what shoul I look for problems wise??

Well being an owner of a VR6 Highline will stand you in pretty good stead.. you should be able to spot engine problems a mile away :)

Things to look for on the Corrado though.. make sure all the electrics are working (spoiler, mirrors, all functions of MFA, etc) - check the service history and make sure the the mileage seems to tally up as they a prone to getting clocking. Check for damp in the driver & passenger footwells as they sometimes get badly fitted aftermarket windscreens & consequently water leaks. Look for the paint code sticker in the boot to help identify that its an original car, and has not been resprayed.

The VR6 Storm in Mystic Blue should have a black leather interior, air con, and pretty much every other goodie going that the Corrado could have. If its missing things then its a bit suspect.

The VR6 Storm in Mystic Blue should have a black leather interior, air con, and pretty much every other goodie going that the Corrado could have. If its missing things then its a bit suspect.

Storms DO NOT come with A/C as standard....this is another common myth.........any Corrado or storm that has A/C has had it fitted by either one of very few stealers that could do this or by an aftermarket A/C company

Factory A/c was an option on the Corrado in some markets, as i have it on my german g60.

Get the Vin chassis number and take it to the dealers and they can tell you what spec the car had when sold i think!!

So I take it that A/C could not be specified as an option?

not from the factory......well not for r/h/d anyway.............but you could get it dealer-fitted or use an aftermarket company yourself

Robch, I've got the official VW Corrado Storm sales brochure, would you like a scan of the spec pages, so you know excatly what to look for... :?:

Chris.

one other thing though is that in the vehicle registration document there is no mention of them being storms :cry: and they are not the very last Corrado's manufactured either as i think probably the last ones built were actually 8-valvers so other than the 2 badges(one on the centre console and the other on the rear panel) and of course if you go for mystic blue there isn't any massive difference between a storm and a leathered up vr6.............so you really are paying quite a premium for a couple of badges and some bbs solitudes.............though i wouldn't swap mine for anything else...they are not the be all and end all of Corrado's......unlike jeremy's campaign :wink:

I should have all this stuff on my hard-drive 'cos of the CCGB website files I now have... I might dig the PDFs out later ;)

One more thing Robch,

When you test drive a VR Corrado, do not expect the engine to run/sound as smooth as your current motor. In my limited experience I've always noticed that the 2.8 VR6 is a much smoother running engine. I've heard a few VR6 corrado's (storm included) and they always sound just a bit rougher.

Anyone else notice this?

Just keep this in mind.

Dan

I dunno.. i've never been in a 2.8 VR6 to compare, but I couldnt believe how smooth the Corrado 2.9 VR6 engine was.. a friend of mine used to have one and he didn't exactly look after it that well - but that engine always ran quiet and smooth. My 16v was a much more 'gnarly' engine in comparison.

Or... if you want a Rare Corrado - really rare, really really REALLY rare, then there's a Campaign for sale at the moment like, only 6 made and 5 left.... for £6,200, roughly 80k miles.... (not mine!) Let me know for details... :)

Or... if you want a Rare Corrado - really rare, really really REALLY rare, then there's a Campaign for sale at the moment like, only 6 made and 5 left.... for £6,200, roughly 80k miles.... (not mine!) Let me know for details... :)

given a choice and of course if they were both in the same condition i would go for the campaign now which i think is worth easy up to a couple of grand premium over a similar age vr6........if you could live with the brick-red interior :shock: which not a lot of people like.....but i do

the only minus point imho is the older style heater controls

given a choice and of course if they were both in the same condition i would go for the campaign now which i think is worth easy up to a couple of grand premium over a similar age vr6........if you could live with the brick-red interior :shock: which not a lot of people like.....but i do

the only minus point imho is the older style heater controls

The Leather is quite easy to live with, plus you get Heated, electric Recaros which you don't get in a Storm, just standard sofas. The heater controls...? Aw c'mon, such a hardship :lol:

I know at least three of the Campaigns are below 90k miles (mines at 67k atm), not certain on the other two. James Shillaw thinks he has found the final (unaccounted for) one in Suffolk.