eurospec

Wheel fitment

Im looking at getting some new wheels although the sizes are a little strange.

They are 15x8 but the offset is ET0. I was planning on running 195/45/15 tyres with these and wondered if they would go on ok? The arches will be rolled prior to fitting them.

Does anyone run wheels with a similar specification?

Your standard wheels are probably around ET35 and six inches wide. Allowing an extra 25mm front and back for the extra width and an extra 35mm for the ET0 fitting your new wheels will sit 60mm further out than the standard ones. At a guess I'd say they will be well out of the arches, rolled or not. Check out the calculator below and enter your details.

http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html

Edited by leon263

Hmm, I've seen that someone has 15x9's fitted to their corrado with ET0 and they look ok?

Here is a picture of said car (I hope they don't mind me using this picture)-

IMG_0343.jpg

Also, my wheels are BBS RZ's off an E30 BMW I think. The offset is quite low already and theyre in the arches...

Looks terrible in my opinion. And I won't even start on safety etc!! lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I know someone would say something along those lines.

I've never had, or know anyone who's ever had any problems running stretched tyres, ive never seen anything online either, apart from people getting into trouble with the Police. That doesn't answer the question anyway.

In terms of looks, each to their own.

If I were at work, I could tell you exactly what would be 'approved' sizes for rims, but most of the time what you're looking to do is outside the approved sizes set by ETRTO.

Even from a professional view though, I'd not want to recommend something and put my name to it.

As for never hearing of these things going wrong, believe me, there are instances of it happening. And when it does, the tyres seem to get blamed.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Hmm, I've seen that someone has 15x9's fitted to their corrado with ET0 and they look ok?

Here is a picture of said car (I hope they don't mind me using this picture)-

IMG_0343.jpg

Also, my wheels are BBS RZ's off an E30 BMW I think. The offset is quite low already and theyre in the arches...

dude.. thats not the best car to look at for comparisons.. look again at the pic. His arches are massive, thats not just a case of rolling them.

8's with an et0 would be okay, but 195/45 wont be enough stretch for them to look how you want. 9's with an et15 would be much better.

8's and et0 would just about work on the rear with standard rolled arches but wont look great. I'd keep hunting for something else.