Hickey21

Crap JOM coilovers, best replacement?

Right lads when i bought my valver about 2 months ago the previous owner had just fitted brand new JOM blueline suspension, but its bouncy, noisy rattles the lot, the only thing i like about them is they can go low :)

I want to change them out for something alot better as i use the car every day but i dont want to break the bank, dont no weather to go coilies or shocks/springs??

i do like my cars low and dont want to lose that either, the original suspension was in the boot of the car when i bought it but doubt its any good to put back in,

so all suggestions welcome?

Hi

I had exactly the same problem.

I have now ditched them and fitted Bilstein B2 shocks and eibach lowering springs – excellent result. Corrado is handling the way I remember they should.

Not too expensive. About £280 for the shocks and I was lucky enough to get the springs on here in almost new condition for £70 but I think it would be worth it to pay full price for new eibach springs.

I brought some FK Silverlines the other day, just waiting for them to arrive in the post. They are rated by quite a few people. Anything will beat the ebay coilovers ive got at the minute lol

seriously spend the most you can. for height adjustable coilovers I wouldn't go below £500, and would be looking to find something with adjustable damping.

I've tried low end, mid range and top end suspension, and I'm over the moon with the KW v3's I run. Not cheap, but are the business I think.

I ditched JOM's too after the previous owner had fitted some. Handled like crap and front dampers knocked like crazy!

I swapped for standard suspension. Best all round IMHO ;)

depends how much you want to spend. Heard GAZ are a good setup but rather expensive, then there's KW v1, v2 or v3s - these are inox coated and prevents corrosion and siezing spring seats. Not sure what the FK silverlines are like, do they suffer from siezed spring seats?

I have Weitec Hicon GT's and can't fault them. Ride is very good for coilovers unless you wind them right to the bottom (thats to be expected though!)

Ordered KW V2's today...hope I made the right choice! Had Weitec Hicon GT before and found them a bit crashy tbh

Nick

I have the KW V1s and they are excellent, not crashy, very compliant. I can only imagine the V2 will be even better. Do they have the damper adjustment?

I believe so...they'd better have for the price I paid! :lol:

But glad to know that you're happy with them :) Cheers!

I bought some JOMs a couple of weeks ago (being fitted next week) - I figured anything would be better than my dodgy shortened springs...

Should have bought them off you lot and saved a few quid :D

Weitec Hicon GT's are the same as KW V1's...

Only difference is the KW's have a stainless body, Weitecs have a galvanized body. Other than that all other hardware is the same, even the springrates and damping settings. They're even made in the same factory!

Your paying the extra £150 ontop of Weitecs for KW's because of the stainless body.

Edited by eurospec