GCDG60

My Helios Blue G60......

The seats were off my mate, he got them of someone who only put them in for shows, so they look brand new! i think mj interiors may have done them..

Who did you buy the seats off mate?

they are my old seats, me and my mate Joe From Trim tech in Wednesbury Trimmed them.

I sold them to a guy down south who was in the army, I cant believe they have ended up back in Birmingham LOL

Did you not get the matching Steering wheel.

The little white leather tags on the backrest have got DAZFX VW ebroidered on them so I removed them before I sold them.(first pic in my loft where they lived for 5-6 years)

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

camera043.jpg

camera047.jpg

^^^^^ Hey Daz, got them of someone i know who does rado spares in Birmingham, no way, small world! They are done to a good standard, im taking the subframes off and putting standard corrado ones in.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I decided to put the standard g60 wheels on, sits lower but looks ok!

Edited by GCDG60

Love the colour- quite a rarity nowadays 8) You've done a fantastic job on it, it's come so far since that pic with all the lacquer peel.

^^^^^ Hey Daz, got them of someone i know who does rado spares in Birmingham, no way, small world! They are done to a good standard, im taking the subframes off and putting standard corrado ones in.

I think you'll struggle to change the subframes, the original ford subframe just bolts off its base but to get the part I needed from the scirocco seats I had to take the covers and foam off, then grind all the welds off that hold the metal seat base tray to the tubular subframe and grind off all the other little bits that you dont need.

Next strip foam , covers etc from the ford bases and weld them together (& spary satin black)

I did all this before trimming so I could cut the leather side panels long enough to cover where the two parts are welded together.

Not a small job, took me about 3 hours each.

Good luck though.

Edited by dazfxvw

Love the colour- quite a rarity nowadays 8) You've done a fantastic job on it, it's come so far since that pic with all the lacquer peel.

cheers Cazza, been a rough ride, just had to fit a new clutch, still havnt done a charger rebuild!

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Is that really a 40mm drop on 17inch wheels?

Looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last pic is a drop on 15s! earlier is defo a 40mm drop on 17 inch BBS!

some more pics on standards,drives so much better on 15's, i now have no rattles :-)

may have to sell her soon :-(, trying to hold on as long as possible!