luk4mu5

L Plates and 6 Points, Insurance? as if!

last night i hit a fox, when he went under i lost all power, turns out he managed to snap my fuel line just before the filter, started ****ing out petrol every where. so thank god i had that the break down cover :D

Damned inconsiderate Fox. Still, if he'd gone under the other side he might have taken your brake compensator valve out....

This is Karma for all those times foxes have ripped open my bin bags and mutilated pigeons and cats and left bits of body and feathers scattered round my garden.....and keeping me awake at night with their cawing....

All this just proves to me how sensible I really am - despite some friends thinking I can be a little wild in my ways of thinking.

Serioulsy I wish I had that type of money to throw away and be foolish with.

I do not mean any offence - but I really do think you have been offered some very good advise here and are just ignoring it.

Presumably the reason you came onto the Forum is for advise from people who own and know these cars.

I do however wish you luck with whatever you decide.

To be honest with those points that price for a VR6 isn't too bad, when I bought my 1.8 16v Rado I paid £770 deposit and then £404 a month to insure it...did that for 4 months until its piston rings and turbo went. It depends on how desperate you are to own and drive a Rado ;)

So it was a 16V Turbo then? £5+K insurance for that sounds about right then if similar circumstances to the OP!

I would never be desperate enough to own ANY car that costs that much to insure!

Things have changed for me though. After 9 years of paying ~1000 to insure a highly modded corrado, I now pay £200 :D

So it was a 16V Turbo then? £5+K insurance for that sounds about right then if similar circumstances to the OP!

I would never be desperate enough to own ANY car that costs that much to insure!

Things have changed for me though. After 9 years of paying ~1000 to insure a highly modded corrado, I now pay £200 :D

Yeah 1.8 16v Turbo, but it drops to £1500 after my policy renews next year (Y) (I transferred it onto my Golf TDI after my Rado's engine went and my payments reduced by a lot)

for that kind of price i'd be tempted to put it on a classic limited mileage policy and use the remainder get an everyday run around to build up your NCD

Damn, That was so long ago!

Well to put it out there, Now 29, 5 or so years later, and still with Zero No claims, insurance is down to £500-1200 depending on which rado im quoting for and how many mods. (currently a 90' 1.8 16v @ £556)