24V Renshaw

Renshaw project (probably going to sell / swap)

understandable bud, was only going to be a matter of time anyway with the baby/house/ultima stuff happening.

perhaps this is one of those times where someone really wont be back?!

I have enjoyed bringing the car up to a tidy spec and going to a couple of shows with it, but as James quite rightly pointed out, I am at the crossroads of OE/Modified and realised fabrication and customising is what I love. So its silly to do this to such a genuine original car which is a great base for someone who wants to go that route. So I am going to complete extreme and will build a car from nothing, which will be the Ultima GTR.

I still love driving it every day and its a real flier, but the missus doesn't want to drive it daily (she is scared of damaging it) and she doesn't want to drive our X5 so I will get that back and she will have whatever replaces the Corrado.

If anyone is interested before I formally advertise it let me know.

Jay

I have enjoyed bringing the car up to a tidy spec and going to a couple of shows with it, but as James quite rightly pointed out, I am at the crossroads of OE/Modified and realised fabrication and customising is what I love. So its silly to do this to such a genuine original car which is a great base for someone who wants to go that route. So I am going to complete extreme and will build a car from nothing, which will be the Ultima GTR.

I still love driving it every day and its a real flier, but the missus doesn't want to drive it daily (she is scared of damaging it) and she doesn't want to drive our X5 so I will get that back and she will have whatever replaces the Corrado.

If anyone is interested before I formally advertise it let me know.

Jay

Jay - if you're not in a hoog rush, this may be just the thing I'm looking for ... as I too am looking to get back into C ownership.

Jay - if you're not in a hoog rush, this may be just the thing I'm looking for ... as I too am looking to get back into C ownership.

And another returns to the fold !

You could do a lot worse than this Jeremy. Rot free, enthusiast owned, well cared for example. I know if I was in the market for a tastefully modified Corrado, this would well and truly be on my radar.

Indeedy, I'm just about to (hopefully) change jobs and my new job should be getting a company car for once, so I'm looking to get something to "keep my own insurance running" (well, that's what we tell the Mrs' anyway ;) Funnily enough, I was thinking about what I wanted, and one thought was "something like Jay's old Project car ... I probably won't know for definite for a few weeks yet, so like I say, if you're not in a rush we should talk.

--- NB Just realised my mistake there, mixed up Jay and James --- 8-)

Edited by Campaign
Oops

Only time will tell Jay. First Andy, then Gareth and now you. Tatton won't be the same next year as there's some very good cars being re-marketed out of the borough.

All this talking of selling has even got me thinking.

Just thinking mind.

Only time will tell Jay. First Andy, then Gareth and now you. Tatton won't be the same next year as there's some very good cars being re-marketed out of the borough.

Just thinking mind.

I`ll still be at tatton...lol cleaning my mk2 valver in the show and shine..!!!

Just thinking mind.

James - if there's even a sniff of the Campaign coming on the market let me know ...

---------- Post added at 1:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:33 PM ----------

Jay - shame, but I know that circumstances change which mean different priorities, been there myself with selling the Campaign... but I'm sorry once you're part of the family you never leave ...

You're right Jeremy. Somehow, once these cars have their teeth in you, there's no way back.

Andy's got first dibs but you're next in line. If there's even a line at this point.

Andy, make sure you let me know you're there next year. Nothing better than a standard Oak MK2 in book.

Sorry for the thread swerve Jay. Any more noise on the Ultima ? How's the extension going ?

Cheers all. But I think once I have an Ultima to tinker with and take out for a blast I will be OK. :)

[ATTACH]69504[/ATTACH]

I will be basing it around an Audi V8 engine and loom so I intend when it is finally finished to be at VAG shows with it.

House extension is progressing really well. We are right in the middle of the carnage! looking forward to it being useable now, the existing upstairs has been stripped and will be joined up to the new part this week...

[ATTACH]69505[/ATTACH]

Such a shame you have to let it go after all the hard work! However, totally understand your reasoning- the Ultima is gonna be a fantastic project 8) + at least you know the Rado is going to someone who will cherish it :)

Looking forward to getting them I must admit.

Fitted new poly front cross member bushes tonight. Having done it in the past and remember it being tricky using a press, I put a bit of thought into it....

Removing the old bushes was easy, hacksaw off the top and they just pop out...

26befca1.jpg

Then once the new bush is copper greased up, simply put a large washer/plate on top of it, feed a long bolt through the washer, bush and subframe. On the opposite side of the subframe put a sleeve large enough to fit over the bush when it pops through and another plate/washer and a nut. Tighten the nut onto the bolt and as easy as pie they pop in. Did all four in about 10 minutes :)

b2746b8e.jpg

Then fitting the smaller mount the principle is the same, nuts, large washers and bolts to press them in :)

3f0b3278.jpg

Will see what difference they make tomorrow on the way to work...

Jay

Just thought I'd report back mate and offer some thanks.

Method worked a treat over last weekend and was much quicker than the episode we had fitting the same bushes on my Brothers Golf VR.

I ended up using a old exhaust sleeve clamped down and large Audi S4 suspension washers and bolt setup. Couple of ratchet spanners and I was away.

Once you've got the method down it was easy, despite a couple being little blighters and wanting to pop out.

Shame your selling up as I liked where it was going but everyone has to move on at some point. 😄

Don't worry I'm trying to keep up Jay's good work on it - Lots of little jobs carried out with some new paint planned for next month (Finances permitting).

Ian.

Edited by davidwort

Was that your brother who won in the A4/S4/RS4 class at ultimate dub's? Any pic's?