Rustynuts

In a year a vehicular pain, the Corrado shines through

November last year I bought a Corrado VR off a mate, MOT'd and taxed and put it on the road as a toy for a few weeks. Then I tried to sell it for not really a lot of money considering the Stealth rebuilt engine and decent spec of suspension and exhaust. After very little interest with no viewings I got a bit despondant. I got very despondant when the Alfa 156 2.4 JTD spat it's engine internals out on me in the outside lane doing about 90!!

OK one dead Alfa but a running T5 and now a Corrado for my wife to drive. Fast forward to late May and the turbo went on the bus, so now 1 working car being the rado. However, needing a modern car for business type driving that we both do we went an Alfa 159 TI 2.4 JTD. Very nice. Then we got the bus back and happy days.

Then the bus broke again, now you have to consider that it has done 260,000 miles in less than 7 years of life, so i suppose it is entitled to be worn. Reality is that it needs a brand new engine as I don't see the point of patching something up that has done so many miles. But the best part of £8k is going to be needed to do this with a new clutch at the same time so it is going to be off the road until next year.

So my daily is a Corrado VR6 and you know what, I bloody love it. It may be a bit shabby around the edges, it may not be the most comfortable commuting vehicle in the world, but by god the noise is awesome and it handles like on rails. The Alfa handles well but she is a bit of a fatty and like a lot of modern motors quite inert.

So I am back, feel like I need to reaquaint myself with the site and offer advise where I can.

Haha, well yes, she kind of buys into all the car nuttyness and because she is sentimental I can never sell the Corrado, Mk2 or Cab. The T5 is a lifestyle thing and great for camping. The Alfa, well that is just madness having already broken down on us twice which for a 4 year old car is pants, but when it looks as good as it does and in the absence of anything remotely interesting in the VAG group, it really is the right choice. 210 bhp with diesel economy helps too.

But yes, I am back, though have been trawling the classified a lot.