little andrew

Tip for cleaning in ya engine bay

Read about this on another forum, using economy baby wipes to clean all trim under the bonnet. Had a quick go earlier and they did seem to shift the grease and muck quiet easy on metal and plastic, just have to wipe the residual off when finished. Cheap and easy way of cleaning under the bonnet :thumbleft:

Top tip!

I use Meguiars tyre gel on my engine plastics, but only cause I use it on the wheels and exterior too. I certainly wouldn't pay 10 quid or what ever it costs now just for the engine!

The plastics come up like new and stay that way for aaaaaages! It's way better than engine gleam products I've used in the past.

Now, baby wipes are an excellent idea!

I use the Mer green snot trim gel for the engine plastics- works a treat (prob similar to the Megs tyre gel in composition).

yep, I use them for the dash and interior plastics too.

Best thing about having a nipper is you tend to have a cupboard full of them :lol:

I use Tesco's £1.50 microfibre cloths for getting oil/grease/dirt of tfhe engine bay/door pillars/sills etc. They are perfect because they retain the dirt and don't smear. Follow up with baby wipe and you're laughing :)