furiokid

My new Rado G60

Well i'm new to the whole corrado thing, so will no doubt post up on here for help and advice with things. I swapped my Mk4 Golf GTI turbo for this......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49318[/ATTACH]

1992 Corrado G60

66K miles

Stage 4 charger and pulley

Kent Cam

CTN diesel gearbox (longer ratio)

Scorpion exhaust system

Braided brake hoses

Porsche wheels

plus think theres more that i'll find as i go round the car :smug:

Will try and get some more pics soon

Edited by furiokid

Well had a quick checkover of it today and found a few bits that need doing.

Passenger inner CV boot has split (just ordered a new boot and joint)

Passenger driveshaft seal is leaking oil - what is the CTN gearbox fitted too so that i can order a seal?

Passenger steering rack boot completely split

Front brake pads really low

Rear exhaust rubber almost completely split

Horn doesn't work

Front wipers are useless, don't really clear the screen at all

Front headlights are quite poor to be honest

Any body got any advice for the last few problems or recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Front wipers are useless, don't really clear the screen at all

Front headlights are quite poor to be honest

Any body got any advice for the last few problems or recommendations?

- lupo or TT wipers, standard are notoriously crap.

- uprated loom via relays that power the lights direct, rather than through the light switch - which can catch fire btw.

do a search on both, plenty of recommendations, wiring diagrams for the lights and sticking an inline fuse on the light switch :)

- lupo or TT wipers, standard are notoriously crap.

- uprated loom via relays that power the lights direct, rather than through the light switch - which can catch fire btw.

do a search on both, plenty of recommendations, wiring diagrams for the lights and sticking an inline fuse on the light switch :)

thanks mate, i'll have a search for them then, the lad who i bought the car from told me he'd put lupo gti wipers on it, but this morning put them to clear my screen and they just skimmed straight over the top of it.

was thinking of fitting a HID kit as i had one on my golf and was brilliant, but wasn't sure whether the Corrado loom would be able to power it or not, or whether the headlights would work with them

very nice G60 mate looks like a good buy with a nice spec also

thank you, i am new to the whole corrado thing still, but am enjoying it, love having a car that i don't pass everyday when driving :)

I have wanted some black D90's for a long time, just gotta wait for the fundage (plus there's always something else that needs the money instead!)

i know you havnt had it too long but how have you found the idle speed with the kent cam?i hear they can be a right dog at low speeds? (im thinking of a cam myself)

well as you can see, she needs some money spending on her, and i was somewhat prepared for it going from a newer car to an older one......just for the pleasure of keeping another Rado alive :)

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

i know you havnt had it too long but how have you found the idle speed with the kent cam?i hear they can be a right dog at low speeds? (im thinking of a cam myself)

to be honest i've found it idles fine with kent cam, on first start up (cold or warm) the idle goes up and down for a few seconds and then levels itself out (this may be normal for a G60?)