davie

first question... leads

possibly a silly question but i know zero about the cars, twice my car has started a little lumpy... almost as if on 3 cylinders.. first port of call was the plug leads, noticed that when they are in place they are all solid apart from 1 which is floppy, is this normal? i doubht it is but thought id ask before i order stuff

apologies, as mentioned i know zero about VW, its a 1.8 16v (1990) , if it helps it has recently had these jobs done (i know some are irrelevant but just copied and pasted)

New Head Gasket

New Distributor

New Spark Plugs

New Rotor Cap

New Rotor Arm

New Water Pump

New Heater Matrix

New Timing Belt

New Clutch

New Head Bolts

New Front Brakes

New Rear Brakes

New Rear Brake Flexi's

New Tyres

New Speedo Sensor (for rear spoiler)

so the tops of the leads (the part u can see when in place) shud all be solid?, surely thats my problem, thanks

yer try the leads,i had same prob from cold turned out to be a cracked head and water getting into the cylinders over night.

Start the engine and pull the leads one at a time. The engine will run rougher or stall if the lead is OK. If no change that is the cylinder that is causing the problem. If that happens try swapping two leads over and if the problem goes with the lead then the lead is at fault. If the fault stays where it was then swap over the plugs. If the fault still remains with the original cylinder then pull the injector from it and check the spray pattern, if that's OK then it's time to dig deeper. Next logical step would be a compression test. From what you have said above I would tend to go for a duff lead.

i would do wullie, but it only lasts maybe 10 seconds in the morning so not enough time to pull em all

That does make it awkward. Can you get hold of another lead to replace the floppy one? Doesn't need to be Corrado specific as long as you can get it on to check. A bit more cost effective than buying a full set just in hope it what the problem is.

thinking bout just buying some... im pretty sure thats the issue, like a said its not major but its the only issue with the whole car, engine seems very very healthy in all other aspects, its somethin silly, and guessing its that

I know the feeling, it's the little niggly, hard to find things that get under your skin.

theres a boy stays at the other end of my road with a few corrados, think hes on scottishvag, think its "vardo"..... maybe seeif he has a lead sitting....

If you have no joy drop me a PM with your address and I'll post one over to you.

wow appreciated mate ! very kind