Joe-G60

G60 Won't Start--Fueling Problem!

Hi, after months of head scratching due to no spark (due to knackered hall sender) or fuel (due to Knackered fuel rail harness) i think am nearly sorted, well until today, when i tryed to star the rado up, the pump didn't kick in so i jumped the 2 main pins of the fuel pump relay, and the pump started so then i moved to the fuel pressure switch, unplugged it a thought id bridge the two pins and turned the ignition on again and the pump kicked in so is my fuel pressure switch knackered? and would this be something to do with fueling problems ie. running rich?

What is the fuel pressure switch? The fuel pressure is regulated by the pressure regulator on the end of your fuel rail. You don't mean the hot fuel recirc switch do you as that is not linked to the fuel pump relay as I don't run one on my Golf conversion

sorry,, Fuel pressure regulator/sensor!!, brown sensor (2 pin) connected to the fuel rail .

Thanks.

Edited by Joe-G60