classic

2.0 16v vs 1.8 16v Cam belt + tensioner - Advice needed!

Hello! B)

So the Cambelt seems a little shagged on my Corrado, But i got alittle bit of a problem, The car was originally a 1.8 16v, but it has been converted to a 2.0 16v But using the 1.8 head! (Was originally Kr, now has 9a block with Kr head Apparently).

So my question being, is there a difference between the two cambelts ? And are the tensioners exactly the same aswell?

Really confused atm so could do with some help ! I would just use my reg number but that will be finding cambelt kits for the original 1.8 :(

Thanks alot,

Vince

btw, posted on edition38 too, so sorry for repost if u view it :D

Ive got the same on my satin valver. dont think there is a difference tbh. I bought the belt on the the 2.0l registration, engine ran fine with a KR head

Mine has a 9a block with a KR head! converted it myself and used a 1.8 cambelt kit! positive there both the same

There are two different tensionners and studs, be careful as the 2l one isn't torqued as high, they are interchangeable though so a 1.8 tensionner and it's matching stud will be fine on the 2l.

yep, that will do fine, as long as the stud matches the 1.8 tensionner, might be worth getting a new one of those too anyway.