eugopnosaj

Crazy project...probably too crazy..

Ok, don't hate me for this one....

So I've just bought a VR after 2 years of owning my 2.0 16v and I'm not entirely convinced that the Valver will sell. Mechanically she runs fine but there are a few discrepancies with the paintwork which might put people off, i've lived with them for 2 years and it hasnt bothered me (was like it when i bought it). I might be wrong as I haven't advertised it, or gauged any interest on it

Anyway, I potentially have access to a 220bhp Sierra Cosworth engine for free (the shell has been totally abused and the engine could probably do with a strip down)....can you see where this is going...

How much work do you think would be involved to put the cossie into the valver shell...obviously there'd be issues with the rwd system as the Corrado isnt designed for it but there are a few on here who have managed to get 4wd working on their cars....

It would be a long process and would probably require lots of custom parts but would it be viable, or am i being stupid and should i just put it into a Capri like I was originally intending on doing...

I've just realised how stupid that all is but Im going to post it anyway...

Anything is possible :)

I've seen a spaceframed Corrado with a 2.0 16V C20 XE engine fitted, RWD of course, but it was track-prepped only so no worries about an MOT etc. If you were going to do it then it'd be a huge project - but it could be done.

You'd run into all sorts of problems along the way without a doubt, but if you were able to overcome them you could have a fun little toy on your hands. And technically speaking it'd still be a 2.0 16V wouldn't it ;)

in a Capri you would probably have a more straightforward, cost effective and valuable conversion.

Yeah, technically speaking it would still be a valver! But there'd probably be too many issues I think, the diff and rear subframe probably being the worst of all...