Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

Show us yer engine bays

bluxie- how did you manage to make it soo nice after the first pic?? is that new alternator, new cam cover and new belts all round..

biggerbigben- that engine bay is bloody awesome...will it be done for inters? :|

kevhaywire wrote:

Blown wrote:

Late to the party again,dammit!

What's all that pink CAT5 ethernet cable all about??? LOL!

It was just lying around the workshop and it "assisted" me putting the vibration damper back in place on the alternator...won't explain...It'd take too long!

Hehe, you don't have to mate... I think Kev knows about the problems of getting the damper back on all too well....

Well, I said before I'd post a pic of my new engine when it was completed... Here's one... 8)

Only bits missing from this pic are the wiring for the fan (now completed) and a starter motor which works... :roll:

bluxie- how did you manage to make it soo nice after the first pic?? is that new alternator, new cam cover and new belts all round..

biggerbigben- that engine bay is bloody awesome...will it be done for inters? :|

I have my car booked up on the corrado club stand for both days for Inters, so whether it starts or not and whether I get the interior finished off or not it will be there for all to see. :roll:

The engine has been taken out for a full rebuild! the belts are new, and also the internals of that engine, the valve cover has been sanded down and painted again. The alternator has been taken apart and painted...

check my website for the pics on that project:

http://users.pandora.be/blux/G60/G60.htm

edit: added URL

cheers lads...biggerbig ben..i'll look out for you at inters.

Bluxie i'm on ya site now geez, cheers for sortin that out...engines are soo mint.

Henny- love the c/coded rocker mate...its different! 8)

how does everyones stuff look so clean? I tried cleaning my supercharger and stuff up...it just doesnt shine like that...I was thinking of maybe getting paint or something for all the cruddy looking metal pieces? Is this a stupid idea? Does anyone know any good high-heat paints?

how does everyones stuff look so clean? I tried cleaning my supercharger and stuff up...it just doesnt shine like that...I was thinking of maybe getting paint or something for all the cruddy looking metal pieces? Is this a stupid idea? Does anyone know any good high-heat paints?

I had to rebuild the engine to get it that clean! ;) :lol:

I used silver engine laquer from my local car parts store... clean the parts up with Gunk and a toothbrush, then just paint the laquer on with a paint brush and, voila!, clean looking engine bay! :) Apparently the Autoglym engine cleaner is very good too... 8)

There is only 1 polished bit and one chromed bit in my engine bay... the VW on the rocker cover is polished, and the coil now has a chrome cover and clamp... everything else is either painted silver, or powdercoated black, with the exception of the rocker cover which was painted with a VW genuine touch up spray in Aqua blue to match the bodywork... 8)

Painted hmm...How much does this paint go for? You dont have to do any polishing before you paint this on? Just get all the oil and grease and stuff off? Sounds pretty easy, and your engine looks really clean!

nope, just clean it off, maybe a quick sand down to get rid of any imperfections in the metal, and then just brush it on... :)

Easy as pie... 8)

I think it cost me about £6 for enough silver to do the engine and gearbox and more, and the black stuff is powdercoated whcih cost a lot more, but will last for ever... :)

It helped that all of the engine was in bits so I could clean it properly, but it's easy to do and looks good... :D