SIMONG

rad support panel

he just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

whilst getting some work done to the G ive had the rad support panl changed. the guy he has been doing the work can now not get the left hand air duct to the brake to fit. he has got the intercooler one on but not the brake duct. i cant remeber in my had from when ive had the bumpe off how this part goes back on i would need to see it.

are theredifferent rad support panels are all the same. the new one i got came off a G60 also but may have been changed at some point by the ower. any one ideas. one of the problems is he's thrown the old one away as it was fooked so cant compare the two.

Si.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

its the passenger side one

three screws in the wheel arch and one where front of the duct meets the bumper on the back of the bumper.it will slot back into the plastic on the wheelarch too

Be aware he might be trying to put the brake duct onto the intercooler duct or vise versa. You cant really get them wrong as the intercooler duct is much bigger

There are different rad support panels yes! One which does not have the cut out for the brake duct. G60 ones should have the cut out.

also early and late cars have different shaped rad supports and crossmembers... i got caught out by this with the cooler pipe for the power steering

yeah the intercooler one is sort of short and fat but the brake one is londer with the three bolt holes at the end to go onto the wheel arch liner. the guy doing it is more than competent. if i can do it the im sure he can. the power steering is on no probs so not had an issue there. its just where the brake duct goes next to the intercooler wont fit. apprantly theres about 4-5 inch difference between the gap which is left and the brake duct.

i could do with seeing it really but its a bit of a treck just to nip over and check. might have to get the hack saw out and "modify" my nicely powedercoated rad panel.

the only reason i can think it is different, as it came off a G60, is that it was changed for the incorrect one at some point by the guy i got it off.

Edited by SIMONG

early ones are a mk2 golf item which is why they don't have the cutout for the PAS cooler pipe. These part numbers start 191. All early corrados will have this one on IIRC.