borachris

Newbie hoping to own a tdi corrado soon :)

Hi guys

Been registered here a while but only just got my corrado last week, she's a 1993 9a with about 100k on the clocks, little bit rough around the edges and needs a bit of tidying here and there but I'm over the moon with her!

My plans are to do a tdi conversion using an ARL (150pd 1.9 tdi) engine, larger injectors and an Audi Q7 3.0 tdi turbo (Garrett GTB2260VK)

I was planning on driving her as is for a couple of months but started having issues with the coolant system so I'm not sure how that's going to pan out yet lol

Got a few of the usual problems, sunroof won't slide, door handles are dodgy and will need fixing asap, other than that I'm yet to find anything else, notice I did say YET :-p

Welcome along - sounds like an interesting project. Purple Tom has done a TDi conversion I believe, so worth having a nose at his build thread. On first view of your post I thought you were putting the 3 litre Q7 engine in - I thought that might be fun to see!

Yeah I've read Toms build already, seems like a nice guy, no doubt I'll have a couple of questions for him at some point lol

Yeah a 3.0tdi would be awesome, maybe next year I'll put one between the back seats and boot :-p

Same setup in my old Bora was producing a genuine 250ish bhp and over 300lbs of torque, so should be fairly nippy in the C

welcome along, good to see these TDI conversions becoming more prevalent, and anything with 300lb has got to be a lot of fun :)

Same setup in my old Bora was producing a genuine 250ish bhp and over 300lbs of torque, so should be fairly nippy in the C

You'll be upgrading the brakes then :thumbleft:

Probably worth you switching to 5x100 fitment and going for 288MM or 312MM brakes! Be interested to see progress.. there are several TDI Corrado's on the forum already. Think the Corrado really suits a diesel engine though the lack of soundproofing really becomes apparent! :)

Thanks guys :D

Yeah I've got some wilwood midlite 4 pot calipers and 280mm discs to go on, which should be adequate considering the weight of the car. Will probably put some mk4 calipers on the rear too.

I'll have a look for these other ones, always good to learn from others experiences, I had read about the soundproofing issues somewhere too, I had a SMF on the Bora with a six speed box I'm used to noise lol

Think supercharged has one with a PD engine, although I don't think he's ever created a members ride thread. Give him a poke and tell him to stick one up!!!

I'd imagine those Wilwoods will be more than enough! :)

They'll take a bigger disc if they struggle lol

Think supercharged has one with a PD engine, although I don't think he's ever created a members ride thread. Give him a poke and tell him to stick one up!!!

I'll do that be interesting to hear how he got on :)

Another problem arose this afternoon, tried to adjust the blowers from blowing towards me to blowing towards the screen and the dial made a nasty cracking noise and now just spins freely without adjusting the position, so next time I've got a misty screen I'm going to struggle :-(

Yea mine did that when I first bought it, its a stupid design but if you take the heater control apart (I just wiggled it about to get into the rear so I didn't have to disconnect the bowden cables) theres 2 cogs, a horizontal and vertical, on the back of the bottom one there is a channel that always cracks so stops the adjuster working. Problem is people want about £80 for the controls, I managed to find one of the cogs on their own and replaced it, cost about a fiver and a few hours fiddling!

Cheers for the tips mate, I've got a black dash to replace the grey one so it's all got to come out at some point, would be happy if I could just get it back onto the screen for now lol