eugopnosaj

Heated seats

I have found that the front seats in my new VR are heated, or at least have a loom and socket under the seat and want to get them set up.

Does anyone know if theres anyway to make the heated seats work with the switch from a Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra. They look basically the same as the Corrados, however instead of being square they have radius edges so a blank could be cut to make it fit...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2988358-DIY-Heated-seats-for-cars-not-pre-wired!!

The link above shows a diy wiring loom for a mk3/mk4 heated seat set up.

See attached picture for the shape of the Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra switch.

Since heated switches/looms for the Corrado are so hard to come by/so expensive I was wondering whether this might be a viable solution.

What do you guys think?

This shouldnt be too hard to do... would just have to get the wires the correct way round on the switch.

if memort serves me right the corrado switch basically acts like a potentiometer setting the load across the heater in the seats, as long as the ones you want to use act in the same way i see no reason why it should not work