VW_OwneR_85

how long??

just thinking, i wonder how many years its going to take untill the corrado realy becomes rare! ?

and people will be on the look out for anything they can get! like the none mot and the rough looking corrados because all the ok ones are snapped up!! 10-15 years?

just appreciate what you got now because in x years time ppl are going to be going mad for what we have right now, enjoy!!!!

Less than that. There's prob only around 2500 left in the UK at the mo. There's loads being broken all the time. All the duffers will be weeded out, with just good cars left, prob within 5 years I'd say!

yea its prety bad at how many are being broken, check out this mk1 scirocco http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1978-Mk1-Scirocco-GLI-/160666668637?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item25687ace5d http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mk1-volkswagen-scirocco-/120795418459?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c1ff7cf5b and this one, sooner or later corrados will be like that, its just case of how long?

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

I thought there were around 3500 left according to the DLVA checker site a few months ago? Also I bet everyone has been expecting them to go up in price for the last few years and they haven't. I'd love them to increase but I'm not holding my breath. Part of the issue is that keeping them on the road is difficult with VW obsoleting a part everytime they realise it's still on the system. With scirocco's and older golfs they sold in vast numbers so there wasn't the business need to obsolete parts so quickly.

Eventually they probably will go up but in the current economic climate I can't see it being in 5 years. I hope I'm wrong though and it will be interesting to read this thread again in 5 years :)

EDIT: It seems there are 4764 left in Q2 2011 (3144 licensed and 1620 SORN): http://howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/corrado

Edited by Portent

20th year of last production will be the turning point for values. Same as the MK2 Golf.

It will be harder to get bits in about 5 years time. I was considering buying a nail and keeping it as a spares car.

Personally i dont care as i love it anyway and enjoy driving it. If its worth more money in years to come so be it. But im planning on running it until it dies so resale value is irrelevant.

Plus it depends on the definition of "good ones". I mean mine is by no means a dog, but the paint work wouldnt make it a minter as there are scuffs, scratches and blemishes all over it. But i still expect it to be around in 10 years time

Edited by Critical_Mass

Personally i dont care as i love it anyway and enjoy driving it. If its worth more money in years to come so be it. But im planning on running it until it dies so resale value is irrelevant.

Plus it depends on the definition of "good ones". I mean mine is by no means a dog, but the paint work would make it a minter as there are scuffs, scratches and blemishes all over it. But i still expect it to be around in 10 years time.

Agree. I bought mine because I always wanted one. Although one factor was that they were getting scarce. I decided it was my last chance to get a decent condition one before they go too old. If it's worth more in the future then that's a bonus. Although I don't want to run it into the ground and one of the reasons I don't mind spending money on it is that it will keep it on the road for someone else in the future. I want these cars to survive and not waste away.

20th year of last production will be the turning point for values. Same as the MK2 Golf.

It will be harder to get bits in about 5 years time. I was considering buying a nail and keeping it as a spares car.

What happened to mk2 values at the 20 year mark? I sold an extremely good condition (near mint for age) low mileage 16v in about 1999 for around £5k. It seemed a lot at the time for an old car.

well said Gaz, ditto for me.

Sorry that was meant to say my paint work WOULDNT make it a minter haha.

Its not that im going to run it into the ground, didnt mean it to sound like that, rather keep it running for as long as possible with no worry of resale price. IF it turns out i cant afford to run it then i will sell it on so someone else can keep it on the road.

id say its rare now. especially around my way. Ive seen more lambos and Ferrari's than rados

What happened to mk2 values at the 20 year mark? I sold an extremely good condition (near mint for age) low mileage 16v in about 1999 for around £5k. It seemed a lot at the time for an old car.

The 20 year mark will be 2012. Prices are still depressed at the moment, but there are still quite a lot of roadworthy MK2s out there. Tidy ones low mileage ones are starting to go for okay-ish money.

I'm certainly not worried about Corrado prices now I have one, but on the other hand I'm glad I got one when I did, as they may have been too expensive in a few years time.