Dazza Storm

Registration Plates - Charles Wright Pre 2001 old style font??

Hi does anyone out there know where I can get a set of registration plates made up in the older style meaning pre 2001 Charles Wright font? I believe the older font size, well width is 57mm as opposed to the new legal standard of 50mm??

I prefer the look of the older style font. I believe these are still legal to use on the road but must not show the new obligatry BS code - BS AU 145d as this will state that the plates were made after 2001 which I believe would be illegal?

Frankly the new BS AU requirement is a pain, I had a set made up as OE dealer style ones a couple of years ago complete with old style VW and Audi logo and the original issuing dealers details with the older prefix telephone number on it.

No BS AU marking and I suspect they should just be used as 'show plates' but its bloody crazy when you consider my 16v-g60 is still on its original plates which meet the legal requirement until I have to replace them!

Frankly the new BS AU requirement is a pain, I had a set made up as OE dealer style ones a couple of years ago complete with old style VW and Audi logo and the original issuing dealers details with the older prefix telephone number on it.

No BS AU marking and I suspect they should just be used as 'show plates' but its bloody crazy when you consider my 16v-g60 is still on its original plates which meet the legal requirement until I have to replace them!

Just out of intrest who was your orginal dealer then? Does it still exist? Mine doesn't!

Dealer no longer trading in VWs, no problem, period correct and stickers too

Sidlow-FullSetfinished.jpg

Just out of intrest who was your orginal dealer then? Does it still exist? Mine doesn't!

Burton & Deakin on the nugget which no longer exists but the 16vG60 was a Northfield VW and they are still alive and kicking.

Gareth, nice touch on the rear screen sticker and the tax disc holder.