kirade

Automatic gear selecter panel, and tailgate hinge plastic cover

Looking for an automatic VR6 Corrado gear shift selecter panel, the part that tells you what gear you are in, and a tailgate hinge roof cover.

I was looking for the selector cover a week or so ago. There's one in Edinburgh (Wayside VW? I'll dig the number out for you when I get home) but brace yourself, list price is around 170 quid! I asked them if they'd do me a deal and they'd only go to £145 ex VAT so I decided to make do with my one :bonk:

The part number is 536863209J 4FB for the black one, substitute 4YV for light beige or 9DK for platinum. fla printed his own replacement legend for the plastic bit so I'm going to do that on mine - I assume yours is peeling off since that's the standard fault. I also replaced the light that tracks the selector position with a 10mm LED as the bulb holder and cover on mine had been snapped off and clumsily replaced by soldering a new bulb direct to the leads...shout if you'd like any pics.

Don't forget to flush your ATF if you haven't done it yet, it makes a massive difference to how smoothly it shifts! Instructions here.

Stone

thanks for the info, yes its the legend that has damage, not going to spend dealer prices to replace tho, post up a pic when you do yours.

Gearbox will get a flush, thanks for the link