jjgti

20vt / 9a gearbox question

hey all just wanted to check something, im planning on converting my 2.0L 9a into a 20vt and a m8 of mine said that i can use the 9a gearbox and it should bolt strait on to the 20vt is this true and what else would i need to get it all to fit i.e if i have to use the 20vt box what shafts would i need and if i change the shafts will i have to change the hubs. i also heard i will need a g60 rear mount and a solid front mount to get the engine to fit ( never done the conversion so have no idea ):shrug:

any information is much appreciated

Edited by jjgti

mines been running 270 hp through a standard 9a everthing for years no probs its on standard genuine vw mountings and clutch . and yea the box bolts straight on

whaaaa no way nice 1 man thats gonna save a lot of hassle what about the engine dose that mount to the original 9a engine mounts no modification needed?

yea the main engine mount will bolt off the 9a and the holes are all in the 20v block to remount them only thing i had to do was bend the turbo oil return pipe to miss the 9a mount, the position of that pipe mite depend what turbo you are using

i thought it would b a lot worse that what say it is haha nice 1 what engine have you used cz im looking for around 270bhp once im done and what have you done to it not shure im i should try and get a (bam) right off the bat and have 225bhp and then map it