daves16v

Wanted - harness cable ties

Looking for the cable ties that are used to tie back harnesses in the engine bay, these are the type that push onto studs.

They're not available from the dealer, I've managed to find the original items on the net but I have to buy a billion of em.

Thanks

Pete,

I didn't know until I'd cut through them all but there is a tiny release lever on them so you can re-use them. I spoke to the parts guy at TPS today and he's pointed me in the Vauxhall direction so I've got some on order from them, probably be completely wrong when I see them.

Dave

I'll bare that in mind for next weekend, if you do have some success from Vauxhall, please let me know if for some reason i'm unable to re-use mine...

how is the OBD2 upgrade going?

Pete

I'll bare that in mind for next weekend, if you do have some success from Vauxhall, please let me know if for some reason i'm unable to re-use mine...

how is the OBD2 upgrade going?

Pete

Yep will let you know about the cable ties.

The OBD2 conversion is going well, more work than the guides let on though but I am doing it on my own and being very careful with wiring which is really what the conversion is all about.

My Golf loom appears to have a 12 point (if I remember correctly) connector attached which isn't mentioned in the CF guide or the guide on the Canada club website so I've had to trace wiring and make up/transfer wiring. There are 1 or 2 other things not mentioned in the guides.

I'm learning new stuff though.

Sounds positive. Any chance you could post up on that thread before next weekend as some of the information you have found out may be useful.

Sounds positive. Any chance you could post up on that thread before next weekend as some of the information you have found out may be useful.

Yep sure no probs.

Hi Dave. Did you hear anything off vauxhall regarding the harness cable ties?

Cheers

Pete

I am after some of these if anyone can offer assistance.....

I've managed to find one good one ! it says its a "7A Panduit" but cannot find these anywhere, so if anyone has any of these in-tact, please let me know ASAP..

cheers

pete