Sign in to follow this  
P3rks

Another VR6 Servicing thread.. Sorry..

Apologies for another one of these threads.. I have been searching but I can't find a definitive answer..

I'm doing a decent service for winter.. The engine is on 125k has a 6-branch and exhaust and K&N panel filter. Thats it.. The engine is a little tappety but otherwise very smooth.

I'm changing the oil, oil filter, plugs, HT leads and coolant. Using NGK BKR5E plugs.

What oil do I go for? Using the search and people seem to go for either 5w40, 10w40 or 10w50.. Which one do I choose!!? Help!

Also, regarding the ignition leads; I want to go for some red ones to brighten up the engine bay. I know I won't get any extra power, but I want some good quality ones. Dubpower seem to come up a lot and also the schimmel ones. The schimmel looks very good but the website says short runner. Any idea's on that or any recommendations please?

Thanks.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-990-fuchs-titan-xtr-10w-40-high-performance-semi-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

Thats the oil i've been using in my VR, did use a more expensive one for a while but it didn't justify paying the extra money, especially as mine drops alot of oil at the moment

Also had Beru leads for 2-3yrs ish and no problems, but they are just black ones not red. I know some of the "uprated" leads are thicker and don't sit in the plastic grooves too well.