shaunVR6

288 brakes

I bought a set of 288,s a while ago off flee bay, but the markings on them are the same as a set of G60 ones i bought years ago for my mk1 that ive just dug out,

so to cut a long story short does anyone know what markings either have thanks

They'll both say '54' on them as that's the piston diameter in MM. Some of the 288 calipers were made by Lucas and some by Girling I believe, exactly the same as the earlier 256 and 280mm calipers.

It'll be obvious whether you've got 288's or a smaller derivative by looking at them - can you get a pic up?

Ill try not the best with computers tho thanks for the quick reply tho mate

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

tom how do i put pics on

ur a star jon thank you once again for ur help mate .....that means all along ive had a brand new pair of 288 calipers for years lol

Yep, definitely 288's but the '54' doesn't denote the type of caliper, it just refers to the piston diameter. That's why the earlier 256mm and 280mm calipers also have '54' on them too!

Either way though you've definitely got 288's :) (or 312's for that matter if you get hold of the 312mm specific carrier and discs).

Should have pad retainers on as well, oh and just remember you'll need the banjo fitment hoses as well.

Just bought a set of goodridge hoses to use on the conversion they have sent both types of banjo bolts fine thread and course, and niether fit the calipers ive got.... ive even got another set of calipers and they dont fit in those either has anyone come across this,or do u think i shud take the calipers to the stealers and try them to source the correct banjo its now drivin me mad lol any ides would be appricaited thanks shaun

hi jon the number is zzgc0320-009a

---------- Post added at 8:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:10 PM ----------

ah but it has the mk4 rear conversion in the box also