badbrad692

g60 spark plugs

hey a little help would be good, i recently purchased a 1990 corrado g60 and went to change the plugs in it and ran into a problem. i noticed the bosch plugs have a side mounted discharge prob instead of the usallly hook looking prob. was wondering if the ngk and or autolite stlye plugs would work, or if the bosch are the only ones to be used

Im asumming you mean the arm is pointing at the side of the core rather than covering top like 99% of spark plugs? This is normal on the g60.They are best, only use original bosch W6DPO platium plugs.Anything else can cause problems

i cant remember gap off the top of my head but check if you search

thanks dannyboy

i had to order a set, i ran all over town looking and when i tried to explain it people looked at me weird. makes me wonder what to do if bosch ever stops make them

You get a good supply before or make an engine swap ;) I have bought a good supply of the right one for my old Italian Laverda, in case they stop produce the right one. And with the usual VW policy of abandoning all that is more than 10 years old, I wouldn't surprised.

I am actually running NGK standard ones since I bought my Corrado G60, 1991, and it runs very smooth and stable, and with good power.

I will though, order the Bosch ones. 6 heat grade for normal or little tunes. 5 for more heavily tuned (or odd weather conditions), as I've understood it.

Cheers,

Redfox.

yeah get the bosch ones.... when i put some NGK's in mine after an old set of the bosch W6DPO it ran like poo .... just feeling bogged down and sloppy, so i put my old Bosch W6DPO back in and it was instantly more smooth and better revving

even better now with fresh W5DPO's