Hartosh1

Corrado Radiator top flange

Just ordered one there mate but i was looking to get one soon, as its a 2 week wait and i kind of need one for the weekend. Cheers for the reply anyways bud

2 week wait, if only.. ;-)

I ordered one about 6 weeks ago and it sill hasn't arrived :lol:

..I blame Royal Mail. VW Heritage have been good enough to re-order one for me.

haha not what i wanted to hear! Well hopefully it wont take that long to come as its one of the last remaining pieces i need to finish my conversion lol

Just gone to http://www.vw-classic.net/ via online UK sales tab

6.10 euro + 3.53 euro P&P + 1.83 euro 19% VAT = 11.48 euro = ~£9.81

Ordered last tweek, delivered to the door by VW's DHL factory delivery service, 4 days. Job done!

I tried ordering on direct on the Classic Parts website, but they sent me an email saying only authorized Volkswagen and Audi dealers could register on their site..

I suppose I could have just phoned them instead, but by that time I'd ordered with Heritage

The problem if your ordering direct is they are changing warehouses and there is an answerphone at the number provided on the website. Ok if you speak German ! i dont,but knew someone who did,basically it gives you the correct number to ring,! my translator wasnt quick/clever enough to translate into English the number,

But im sure someone on here will have it

RW1...How did you go about ordering parts from the http://www.vw-classic.net? Did you do it all in the german sales online catalogue and just select location Great Britain (in germany as the destination) ??? Has anyone else ordered from here before ?

I've just ordered some bits from Classic Parts in Germany. They've quoted me a delivery for Tuesday next week!!

There's a girl called Laura there who is really helpful. I will dig out her email address and post on here.

The problem if your ordering direct is they are changing warehouses and there is an answerphone at the number provided on the website. Ok if you speak German ! i dont,but knew someone who did,basically it gives you the correct number to ring,! my translator wasnt quick/clever enough to translate into English the number,

But im sure someone on here will have it

I rang it tonight as I speak/understand some German and the number on the message is just the fax number '0536130857777 ein fax senden' - to send a fax. (I called the 30 85 77 - 22 number).

Not that I'm helping, but just so you know you're not missing out on anything! :)

RW1...How did you go about ordering parts from the http://www.vw-classic.net? Did you do it all in the german sales online catalogue and just select location Great Britain (in germany as the destination) ??? Has anyone else ordered from here before ?

Don't use the German order form on the German part of the site for on-line ordering, despite it having a GB option. Doesn't work.

Use the German part to find out what is available. Note the part number unless you already have. Bear in mind if the availability option below or the photo illustrated pages don't have, then they don't have!

Do it this way......

Click the English top right.

Then either order via two ways, use the contact form on the contact/order line" screen (in the middle of screen) requesting the part number you want or use the "Availability Check" and select the option "without registration". Follow either through. Email confirmation follows they have received your request. A day later you will then get an an email with the quotation.

Put your Credit car details on the quotation, ie. ..... Card Provider (Mastercard or other etc.), your name as on the credit card, credit card number, expiry date and sign it.

Fax it or scan & email or ring them up (They are very polite and will speak perfectly good English with you).

Wait and it arrives arrives at the door. Maybe I have a privileged account to get 4 days but its always that.

NB, Two of the staff have been off ill for the last 10 days, so things are most likely not happening as quickly as usual due to backlog of customer orders.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I rang it tonight as I speak/understand some German and the number on the message is just the fax number '0536130857777 ein fax senden' - to send a fax. (I called the 30 85 77 - 22 number).

Not that I'm helping, but just so you know you're not missing out on anything! :)

Note the shop hours and 5pm finish at Central Euro Time ie -1 hour in the UK.

Also note the above about staff. It is best to send the request form/use the availability screen, even in good times :wink:

Edited by RW1

Looking at the classic car website i dont see any option for english in the top right corner?

Did you manage to order one vwvw?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Got it had to switch web browsers. Hopefully i can get my hands on 1 shortly as ive been quoted another 2 weeks from heritage when i was told last week the part was in stock and would be sent out that week to me......

Edited by Hartosh1

I finally got my rad elbow today from VW Heritage... I ordered it on October 10th..!!!

They said Royal Mail failed to deliver it about 3 weeks ago.

It turns out VWH didn't write my address properly on the original package, they missed out my door number..

Hope you get yours faster :lol:

Its not looking good for me mate ive been quoted a further 2 weeks on top of the 3 weeks ive already waited, going to ring them up tomorrow again and see what the script is as i rang today but its just been one of those days for me and as soon as i heard 2 weeks i just hung up lol.

Not fancy selling me that one you got lol have you been using the car at all then if you ordered it on the 10th?

VW Heritage should have another rad elbow in stock, because they ordered it again for me from germany, after the first delivery failed to reach me.

I spoke to them yesterday and the guy I spoke to said they now had 2 lots of everything I ordered.

Try giving them a call and ask them, before they send it back to Germany.

Sorry mate, don't want to sell my one, it's been difficult enough getting this one! :)

joebloggsVR69 - Does the rad elbow come with the internal circular washer and the 2 screws to hold it down ???

Ordered another one straight from classicvw been quoted tuesday next week for delivery lets hope it comes then.

N 010 222 8 Short bolt M6x22

N 010 366 4 Long bolt M6x55

Thats the part numbers for the bolts still available from vw but you could just buy some m6 threaded bolts and cut them to size.

VW Heritage should have another rad elbow in stock, because they ordered it again for me from germany, after the first delivery failed to reach me.

I spoke to them yesterday and the guy I spoke to said they now had 2 lots of everything I ordered.

Try giving them a call and ask them, before they send it back to Germany.

Thanks - I've been after mine for a while, but stopped looking after repairing it with a blob of JB weld (directly onto the pinhole leak) - Been great for the past few months.

Gave Heritage a call on Weds, they had it - and it came in today. Will use it if ever my repair job fails.

Note their are two prices, make sure you request the 7.04 one, not the 15 quid one for anyone ordering!

joebloggsVR69 - Does the rad elbow come with the internal circular washer and the 2 screws to hold it down ???

This one came with the o-ring.

Edited by Storm Guy

This one came with the o-ring.

Hmm.. mine cost me £2.35 for the rubber o-ring and £7.04 for the rad elbow.

Maybe they threw it in for nothing, as they had 2 lots of everything I ordered :)

I assume we're talking about the rubber ring, and not the 2 metal rings that are part of the elbow?

I assume we're talking about the rubber ring, and not the 2 metal rings that are part of the elbow?

Yep, the actual rubber o-ring.

Yes, some come with O sealing ring, some don't ......

Down to luck then. Good to know.