g60ian

anyone had this weird fault before

Hi guys,driving home last night the wipers,blower fan and rear window demister all stopped at the same time!,stayed that way untill i got home,tried it this morning all working again,well confused by this and only thing i can think off is the ignition switch? anyone had this or can come up with an answer :scratch:

I had exactly the same problem as you, and I have brand new relay that you need. I bought it for my golf, but turned out to be ignition switch.

To test - if it's the switch, wiggling the key in the ignition will fix it or they will come on and go off again like a bad connection issue.

It's not 100% the relay. It's way more likely to be the switch, but try that ^^^ and let us know what you think. The relay is £13(!) from the stealers. I have the part number if you want to order one (current item as fitted to all models of VAG vehicles) or you could have mine for £5+post which is still brand new in bag, never been touched with the invoice still attached! :lol:

Edit: if you have trouble starting the car, then it could be the relay as it's in charge of turning off all high-amp circuits to allow the starter motor to work the best. The circuits affected are the ones you mentioned (wipers, blower, demister) plus also the headlights - the dashboard lights will remain on though.

Edited by boost monkey

brilliant thanks guys,the cars now in the bodyshop for a week so will need to wait to check this relay,im assuming this x relay is relay 4??,cheers boost monkey ill get in touch if its the relay i need

I'll take that relay if Ian doesn't need it please mate.

Neil.

----------

Sent from iPhone 4S using Tapatalk