24V Renshaw

What's the best silver paint for OEM look?

Although i would rather leave these parts as nice clean bare ally, I simply don't have the option right now, so am going to paint them until I build a new engine up at some point.

So what is the best paint people have used on the silver bits, alternator bracket, oil filter housing etc.. For a fresh OEM look?

Need to pick some up tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Jay

A site called frost automotive do some decent paints for these sort of things. Been buying the POR15 stuff

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Only problem is I need to pick it up tomorrow if I have any chance of getting the car back together and mobile for the weekend...

Will see if there is a local supplier.

Any pics of the bits you have done mate?

Jay

Frost are awesome, had a load of bits and bobs from them over the years.... fast delivery too...

Pete

I had a can of Satin Silver in the garage so with the manifold, rocker cover etc off Ive given them a quick coat of that and it does look very close to the original finish. Will see how durable it is but is certainly looks a lot better than the mankey corroded, oil stained that was there before. Hopefully wont scratch it too much if (or when) I get the car back together.

Picked up my Alumablast paint on the way home, so am all set to get painting tomorrow. Nice to have the proper products :)

Cheers for all the help guys

Jay