shellin

Hi guys!

Hello there guys i was wondering. If someone could help me! I really fancy another. Corrado vr6 not many cars since my last have filled the gap and always fancied another. My friends friend has a mystic blue storm totally standard apart from a set of coilovers and a aftermarket steering wheel. It's done 156k but will need an mot as its just expired. The only thing he claims it needs is a abs sensor. It's very clean minor marks as to expected. He wants £1500 for it? Is that cheap your help would be much appreciated. Many thanks Sam.

It's a difficult question to answer to be honest. The market is not great at the moment. It it really depends on condition and if everything is working. Only you know the condition and if you have had one before you will know the rough cost of repairing what's wrong. For the sake of £40 for an mot I would test it and see what it fails on. If its just an abs sensor as claimed well that can be fixed quick ish and re tested.plus it's not to dear to rectify if it is just the sensor

Andy

Seems now is the ideal time to be buying at the moment, most seem to sell for no more than £2000.

The most important thing as always is to buy the best you can afford. Check out the buyers guide on here for pointers on what to look out for and give it a thorough going over. If all is good then go for it.

Don't take his word for it just needing a sensor for the MOT. Maybe see if he would be happy for you to MOT at your cost first just to check. If it's a friend of a friend and he's genuine then there shouldn't be a problem. If you can give it a check over in the usual spots then use the lack of MOT as a bargaining point and get a few quid off???

Hope this helps.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Thanks guys so it is and isn't cheap. That's why I haven't but his hand off because I'm not so sure myself. I'll keep thinking and keep listening to anyone else's posts! Thanks for your help!