eugopnosaj

Golf VR6 ABS pump in a Corrado VR6

As the title states, i cant get a straight answer as to whether I can put a golf VR6 (AAA engine) abs pump in my Corrado. It is a doable solution as I cant find anyone selling a Corrado one...

AFAIK the golf item is totally different; the golf pump has a rear bias valve built into it and also has the ecu located with it.

you're best off PM'ing "fishwick" on here to get a definite answer, but i'm fairly sure they're different...

There are 8 for sale on ebay!!

There's only 2 Corrado VR6 pumps, 1 for a Golf and isn't sure whether it fits a Corrado or not and the rest are 4pot, there was a Golf VR6 pump for only £5 at the time of writing the post, plus it would be good knowledge in case anyone else needed to know

Edited by eugopnosaj

The early (up to about 1996 'N') Golf VR6 ABS pumps are identical to the Corrado VR6 unit. These are the type with the seperate ABS ECU and will bolt straight on - easily identifiable by the 6 in-line brake pipe connections on the front.

The later Golf VR6's (1996 onwards) were equipped with the Teves 20 ABS unit which is the one with the built-in ECU. It has many advantages over the earlier type but unfortunately isn't a straight swap at all, requiring the entire ABS loom to be replaced as well as all of the brake pipes and the removal of the rear brake compensator valve. It is possible as I've done it on my TDi, but it's not straightforward.

I hope the first paragraph answers your question!

Tom

I was only trying to help as you didnt say that there was a cheap golf equivalent you were considering, you said you couldnt find anyone selling a corrado one. I agree it is usefull info.