t700bes

Recent downtime

Sorry about the messing around over the weekend guys, I have been working with Andi in sorting out the server, and a few things didn't work out as expected and then I went on holiday!!!

Its all up now, and we're tuning some things to get it running right!

Any problems please let me know.

Thanks

I'm glad it's getting sorted.

Do you think it would be unreasonable to ask for a timeframe for downtime (so when the sign says down for 30mins we'll know roughly when the site is expected back up?)

Or perhaps a blanket email to all users saying the site is/will be down for maintenance.

2p :-)

If it is "planned" I would say that's a great idea...

The migration should of been 5mins... However the newely built server started causing issues.

But yes, I'll make sure we put at least a "time" so you all know when to expect it back up :)

You should bin off CloudFlare.... I had it enabled on VR6OC for a time, however ended up with the site being down more than it being up due to cloudflare thinking it was down, if I went via my DNS entry for direct.vr6oc.com the website is happily serving up requests to my site, I often get the cloudflare message stating the website is offline, but when going to direct.thecorrado.net I could get on...

To be honest, having evaluated the "free" offering, it doesnt really offer that much in the way of protection or performance increase.

providing you have a healty server, with an optimised PHP, MySQL installation, you really shouldnt see any issues, but often performance was faster when going to direct. URL so prooved the bottle neck is CloudFlare...

Pete

Not been able get on the site all day via the main URL - having to use direct.thecorrado URL.

Surely it's not a good thing for people trying to reach the website?

Interesting.. Andi can comment on this, I've not used Cloudfare before but they do seem to do some good caching on heavy sites!