sheebie

Hello, newbie 1st time corrado

Hello all

I thought I would put a proper introduction after my new car struggling to start in the morning.

I have just purchased my first corrado after swapping my e30, its a 2.0 16v one, got lots of history, and lots of work done to it. slower then the e30 by a good distance, but looks really good. pervious cars are numerous, last vag was a colour concept mk3. Which handled really well being on HR coilovers

(I hate reading newbie post without pics, so here are mine for the time being, they are from my phone)

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

Already got a problem here :bonk:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?59947-Newbie-with-cold-start-problem-overfueling

hopefully not a sign of things to come,

I might sell the wheels and get some standard ones but not sure yet, what do you guys think?

Welcome. I also can't help with the starting issue but wish you good luck. There are some very knowledgable people on here so I'm confident it will get sorted with their advice.

It's a lovely colour combination and it's had an interior swap at some point. Cars with cream leather normally have cream carpets and a cream gearstick gaiter. I do like the combination in yours though and it looks like the cream came from a Storm judging by the red badge.

Welcome :) Looks really nice. Yep, it has a Storm badge- let me know if you swap it back to the proper Karmann badge- could do with a spare Storm one ;)

My old car !! Still looks great mate i still miss it its a shame about the problem with it after all i spent on it im sure it will be an easy fix

Leathers are out of a storm i swapped them over a year or so ago

Hope you get it sorted bud if u got any questions about it or wats been done give us a shout on here ill be happy to help

Keep her sweet

My old car !! Still looks great mate i still miss it its a shame about the problem with it after all i spent on it im sure it will be an easy fix

Leathers are out of a storm i swapped them over a year or so ago

Hope you get it sorted bud if u got any questions about it or wats been done give us a shout on here ill be happy to help

Keep her sweet

I thought it would belong to someone on here. Got to take my hat off to you, there is alot of work gone into the car. I still got all your old reciepts.

I might be putting it up for sale soon, as I'm looking to get a 125cc bike, i'm shamed to say.

Did you ever replace the starter?

Yea i bought that car for two grand lol spent three on it then sold it to you for 1500 i must be mad !

The starter was never changeed mate it was always fine as was the car it always turned over fine

Id maybe try the cold start valve as already said as now its winter its maybe given up ! Also it was sat on my sisters drive for a coupke of weeks wen i got my vr so maybe thats what did it although it was ok wen you came to pik it up !

Hope u dont sell it to a chav who wreks it mate its a good motor that one

Hope u get sorted with it and cheers for the good comments mate i did alot to that car to make it wat it is now

Yea i bought that car for two grand lol spent three on it then sold it to you for 1500 i must be mad !

The starter was never changeed mate it was always fine as was the car it always turned over fine

Id maybe try the cold start valve as already said as now its winter its maybe given up ! Also it was sat on my sisters drive for a coupke of weeks wen i got my vr so maybe thats what did it although it was ok wen you came to pik it up !

Hope u dont sell it to a chav who wreks it mate its a good motor that one

Hope u get sorted with it and cheers for the good comments mate i did alot to that car to make it wat it is now

You didnt sell the car to me mate. I swapped my e30 for it, I think the guy you sold it too didnt have it for long, probably because of the issues that it has. He didnt tell me anything

It refuses to start at all now.

It my first corrado so unsure where to look, but will hopefully get it sorted soon.

Did it have a headlining when you had it? when it drove it did drive really well

Wow he realy didnt have it long he did say that he was always swapping and changing cars , its a shame about the starting tho as it was mine for two years and it was always a good runner i went everywer in it with no problems probs covered about 20,000 in it in my time

Try the cold start valve dont worry about the other four main injectors i changed all those for brand new items

Id maybe try cleaning out the dizzy and give the points a scratch with the sand paper , i always kept a piece under the batterys handle lol i bet its still there !! Check around the dizzy its self for any oil weeps aswell mate i did used to have to give it a bit of a clean every 3 months or so

. by the way its not reciepted for in the history but it has got the kr cams in there aswell

Let me know how it goes mate sorry i cant help you more

Wow he realy didnt have it long he did say that he was always swapping and changing cars , its a shame about the starting tho as it was mine for two years and it was always a good runner i went everywer in it with no problems probs covered about 20,000 in it in my time

Try the cold start valve dont worry about the other four main injectors i changed all those for brand new items

Id maybe try cleaning out the dizzy and give the points a scratch with the sand paper , i always kept a piece under the batterys handle lol i bet its still there !! Check around the dizzy its self for any oil weeps aswell mate i did used to have to give it a bit of a clean every 3 months or so

. by the way its not reciepted for in the history but it has got the kr cams in there aswell

Let me know how it goes mate sorry i cant help you more

Yeah I saw the hayes manual which had all the stuff written in, and was well impressed clearly alot of care and attention has gone into the car.

Thanks, you have given me something to go on, I just hope its something simple, hate to say this to you, but I'm comtemplating breaking it as I don't really have the time to fix it.

But hopefully will not come to that.

Thanks mate well its all in there and all relitively fresh in my head so if u have out to ask fire away

Would be a shame to break it but must admit i had trouble selling it due to lack of interest and was thinking about it but after all id done couldnt do it !

I hope u get it sorted mate keep it updated wen she runs its a great car

Thanks mate well its all in there and all relitively fresh in my head so if u have out to ask fire away

Would be a shame to break it but must admit i had trouble selling it due to lack of interest and was thinking about it but after all id done couldnt do it !

I hope u get it sorted mate keep it updated wen she runs its a great car

I had a look at it yesterday, i'm fairly sure its the cold start injector as I removed it and placed it in a bottle and only a little bit of fuel came out. I'm going to fix it and advertise it and drive it around until may when T+T finishes if it doesn't sell them it will be broken. So there is still time, hopefully it will be saved. I removed the brocks and added 17" Team dynamics racing R, which are lightweight and make a big difference to the drive of the car.

Any ideas where I can get a cold start injector from? Cheap as, because I'm broke at the moment. :(

Cool how much did you get for the brocks i lo ed them wheels i paid 600 for them , they was perfect when i got them aswell

Try a wanted ad on here or try euro carparts or gsf i hope someone wants it id hate to see it get broke

The brocks look brilliant, but I live near high kerbs and worried about messing them up, They are still immaculate.

I would be looking for £600 or just keep them until I get another e30. I will get some pics up soon.