Tempest

Roadstar Corrado/Scirocco meet Boekel, Holland 15-17 June 2012

The dates for Roadstar 2012 have been set - 15th, 16th and 17th June.

For those not familiar, this event is held in the Netherlands at a campsite in a village called Boekel, just about a good 2 hour drive further eastwards into deeper Netherlands from Hoek van Holland, where our ferry arrives. It includes a party on the Friday and Saturday nights, show and shine, and various other activities.

One of my favourite events of the year. 2012 will be my 10th year! Family-friendly event, too, more and more folk bring their kids, dogs etc to this meet. Very relaxed atmosphere, loud car hifis frowned upon, just the odd engine rev :lol:.

Ferry booked for 2cc and me. Leaving UK shores at Harwich on Wednesday 13th June 9am, returning Hoek van Holland Monday 18th June, 14:30, StenaLine Ferries.

Tempest

Hi,i am interested in this trip.Do you have a rough idea of cost of ferries,entry & camping etc?

Rough costing:

Stenaline return ferry Harwich to hoek van Holland: £118.00 for 1 car + 1 person, see here for more: http://www.stenaline.co.uk

Distance Hoek van Holland to campsite in Boekel: 144 km (89.4 miles) one way.

Plus distance from wherever you live to Harwich.

Entry fee for the avtual event: 25 Euros Friday till Sunday. The typically 11 Euros per extra night (Wednesday onto Thursday, Sunday onto Monday). We get Thursday night onto Friday thrown in for free (typcially), so joining from Wednesday 13/6/2012 till Monday 18/6/2012 will cost 47 Euros per person.

Can buy special electrical campsite adapter to use electricity on the campsite, although forgot how much that is.

Plus costs for food and drinks, of course :)

Showers are 50 Eurocents a pop.

No need to pay extra for car insurance (typically contact insurers shortly before you leave Britain, you should then have full cover whilst away; if fully comp in the UK that is). No need for medical insurance, take E111 and NHS card. Fuel is slightly dearer (!!) in the Netherlands.

That should roughly be it :)

Tempest

2 more days at work, and we´re off, that is so far: 4 cars from the UK going on the ferry Harwich to Hook of Holland, then a short(ish) trip to the campsite in Boekel, the Netherlands, to arrive on time for the footie match amongst our friends who will have already arrived on the campsite, BBQs going etc. :)

Tempest

Ahh excellent - cheers for linking it mate!

Great little vid mate, would love to make next year if possible :)