Sign in to follow this  
fry

i want an exhaust for my 1.8 16v

looking for an exhaust system for my 1.8 16v. can anyone with a similar car tell me what systems they have? was going to purchase a milltek one through a mates business but they dont do one for the corrados that dont have cat converters. Most of the manufacturers seem to favour the 2.0, g60 and vr6 models. or am i not looking hard enough??

all help mucho appreciado

phil

I'm pretty sure that most people just fit the G60 system complete with Cat Bypass pipe which then allows it to mate to the standard down pipe on the 1.8 16V.... 8)

Have a word with John Mitchell (16VG60), He's a Milltek dealer and knows his stuff when it comes to their systems... 8)

Heard nothing but good things about getting your own custom Powerflow jobbie installed.

Same kind of price as the likes of Milltek but you get to chose the noise from it, and the exhaust tip.

Magnex are a regular favourite also :)

just had a look at the magnex site and their range starts from the 1992 models onwards. As I have a 1991 I appear to have dipped out. Same for mongoose. and jetex are cat back systems as well.

bugger !!!

Milltek systems are honestly really good have loved it since i got one fitted the best thing is that they are not too loud as well very slightly louder than the standard systems but u get a lil rumble on idle which is nice....

2p ker-plunk

i just had a custom powerflow exhaust put on today! and it sounds sweet!! £330 from downpipe! went for the twin DTM upswept, gonna take some photos of car tomorrow and get it posted, it really is loud, and as someone said you can have it as loud/low as u want

Milltex, and also if you have a chat with John Mitchell, JM Racing 07974 020031, you can get the custom downpipe as well, that he has designed for the car, mated to the Milltek system.

John.

Milltex, and also if you have a chat with John Mitchell, JM Racing 07974 020031, you can get the custom downpipe as well, that he has designed for the car, mated to the Milltek system.

John.

instead of this custom down pipe would the cat bypass pipe from miltek do the job ??

instead of this custom down pipe would the cat bypass pipe from miltek do the job ??

Yup, the cat bypass would allow you to fit a G60 system onto your 16V... The custom down pipe is an upgrade which would mean a better flow rate through the system and that you'd have a FULL stainless system from the manifold back... 8)

Much reccomended... 8) Have a word with John and see what he reccomends, he'll know and talk you through your options... 8)