HumumuH

Hi all - back in a Corrado

Hi all,

Previous owner of 2 x VR6's coming back to the Corrado fold.

This time's a bit diffrent though as I've bought this car to race in. Plan is to compete in the 2012 SMRC Saloons and Sports.

Car's just about ready for it's first test where we'll suss it out and make further changes/mods from there.

Hoping some of you guys can help us with your knowledge as it's all new territory for us! Biggest challenge so far has been getting it on and off the trailer as the front splitter sits 1.5cm off the ground lol!

Cheers.

Welcome back,

We are going to need pics to welcome you back fully ! lol

I thought that might be the case!

Already messed up my username so will try and get some photo's uploaded later. It's not pretty! The car may be known to some, so would be interesting to see what's said.

Sorry about quality/lack of pics. Getting it back this weekend so will take some more shots.

CorradoInterior.jpg

Corrado2.jpg?t=1325759868

CorradoEngine.jpg

Welcome - sounds like a fun project! Whereabouts in Edinburgh are you? If you see a beat up looking tornado red 16V around town, that'll be me...

[quote name=';765906]Welcome - sounds like a fun project! Whereabouts in Edinburgh are you? If you see a beat up looking tornado red 16V around town' date=' that'll be me...[/quote']

Just off Colinton Road.

Just got the first track time booked for 4th Feb. Gives me a bit of time to tinker before the first race at Knockhill on 8th April!

Yeah, G60 Turbo. I can't take any credit for it though, was all done by JabbaSport before I bought it.

It's bored out to 1.9 and running an IHI VF23 Turbo, JabbaSport downpipe with PipeWerx decat-back exhaust system. Many other mods too including Scat 144mm H-Beam Rods, Schrick baffled sump, JE forged pistons and the head is ported and gasflowed with 1mm larger inlet valves, custom piper camshaft and vernier pulley. Intercooler and radiator package was custom made. I'm told its putting out c. 310bhp but I've yet to have any sort of dyno done so will be sceptical on the output until then. First test in the car is next week at Knockhill (weather permitting!) so idea is to give it a test run and take it from there. Can't wait to get out in it!

Interesting car, what's with the front light set up? Might need to take a run up to knockhill now, love to get some pictures of a racing C!

Interesting car, what's with the front light set up? Might need to take a run up to knockhill now, love to get some pictures of a racing C!

I hope so. It's all still very new to me.

Headlamps are out to accommodate intercooler, radiator and oil coolers. Custom made arrangements in its place with two headlights and indicators.

Feel free to say hi if you pop up to Knockhill. Will post up the dates when I know the car is fit to race and passes scrutineering for the series.

hi welcome back. in regards to your front spoiler hitting the trailer, im sure you can make some sort of quick release system where you can easliy remove and fit it, wing nut bolts maybe?

hi welcome back. in regards to your front spoiler hitting the trailer, im sure you can make some sort of quick release system where you can easliy remove and fit it, wing nut bolts maybe?

Cheers. Got a new trailer now so no issues. Splitter is part of a flat single piece underside. Doesn't run the full length but a good way up the car.