ryanmac

Rad fans, Radiators and cooling......

Hi all

I have started to rebuild the engine bay in my vr6 and have found my coolant tank is split. Instead of buying a new tank I was going to fit a bmw rad like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-E36-318-Radiator-/150732836082?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2318608cf2#ht_499wt_1416

Should I have any issues.....

I was also looking at fitting some slim line cooling fans and found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-RADIATOR-COOLING-SLIM-FAN-LIKE-SPAL-PACET-KENLOWE-/140676509854?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c0f9309e#ht_7414wt_1390

Has anyone used them?

If both they systems would work that would be great and I would be able to finish off my engine bay plus fitting a strut brace would be a lot easier if there was no header tank......

Ryan

I have just got round to doing this but used a fiat bravo rad instead.

The problem I have encountered now is the bottom hose point on the filler tank fouls the cross beam the old rad and power steering pump used to sit on.

As I have relocated the power steering cooler and the new rad has different mounting points can I remove this cross beam completely as it seems to serve now purpose now as the engine has a separate mounting cross beam.....

Cheers

Ryan