KADVR6

gotta get fitter

so i bought a new mountain bike last week, god it killed me the first few times i went out, but lost just over 4 kilos in a week, and oh yeh guess what i have just boght for it??

2012-01-11122744.jpg

and oh yeh guess what i have just boght for it??

A Corrado to put it in? :D

Nice looking wheels, not surprised it nearly killed you, are you 6 ft 7? or have i got the perspective all wrong?

Did the same thing myself not long ago Karl - bought a bike cos i need to lose some weight and get fitter. Its been killing me too, but its got to be worth it.... i hope :lol:

A Corrado to put it in? :D

it fits in the back just

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

new wheels....

lol yeh correct mate

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Nice looking wheels, not surprised it nearly killed you, are you 6 ft 7? or have i got the perspective all wrong?

yeh the perspective is wrong, but i'm still 6ft 3"

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Did the same thing myself not long ago Karl - bought a bike cos i need to lose some weight and get fitter. Its been killing me too, but its got to be worth it.... i hope :lol:

yeh its killing me, especially as i'm going out with my bro and he's been mountain biking for bloody years lol

I jumped on my son's mountain bike to go to the garage after reading on here about KIPVR's, I think, exploits. spent a week in agony with a pulled muscle. That bike look's lethal.

I jumped on my son's mountain bike to go to the garage after reading on here about KIPVR's, I think, exploits. spent a week in agony with a pulled muscle. That bike look's lethal.

lol yeh tell me about being in agony as the first 2 trips out on it i was in pure agony, but its getting much easier as i did 8 miles in sutton park earlier, but can feel the benifits already which is good. Just need a comfier saddle

Stick at it. You'd be surprised at how quickly you gain fitness when you get going!

Good on you,

Plenty of other ways to get fit though - Get yourself down to a fight gym and keep our roads clear. lol

Edited by tentonhammer

lol yeh tell me about being in agony as the first 2 trips out on it i was in pure agony, but its getting much easier as i did 8 miles in sutton park earlier, but can feel the benifits already which is good. Just need a comfier saddle

Thats the whole point of the saddle, to make it so uncomfortable that you don't sit down and you work harder;-) . I'm doing the same to shed some pounds as just purchased a mountain bike as well. Saddle looks great but boy does it make my nads ache. Good job I don't need them anymore!

so i bought a new mountain bike last week, god it killed me the first few times i went out, but lost just over 4 kilos in a week...

4 kilos in a week! WTF! thats half a stone......are you not eating? :-)

I've just started the "Insanity" workout by the american fitness instructor Shaun T. - The guy is a lunatic! Max interval training...I bet its similar to what they do in the Army.....never trained so hard in my life.....although I'm only losing about 2 kilos a week and that includes eating rabbit food all week as well.