Rorgasm

Convert a 16v to g60????

Ok, just an idea that probably a lot of you guys have considered (or not).

what complecation would i have to over come to convert a Valver engine into G60.

I'm assuming the engine mount & gearbox mounts are different??

Know of a written of G60 & it's got the grey matter ticking:scratch:

Has anyone done this????

Rory

LOL when I had my first ice grey violet valver (one before yours) I had this same thought as it'd be the only ice grey violet g60 in the world lol. I couldn't deal with the sound they make though so scrapped that idea.

BTW, i'm sure its doable, even diy doable if you have the skills and tools. If you can access the full car I'd say go for it.

Before anyone says don't build what you can buy don't worry, you can't buy an ice grey g60 as its a 94 only colour and g's stopped at 92!

You can do it in a weekend

did a 1.8 16v to g60 best part of 8yrs ago

Bolts straight down onto the 16v mounts

you would need to work round the mileage counter if i remember right?

just use everytning off the donor

yeah it can indeed be done, i converted mine. everything bolts up in the same holes.

as you say you ideally need a write off to get all the bits in one go for the conversion.

in a weekend it most definately can be done. me and my mate swapped the engine/gearbox/clutch/manifolds over in his polo, was back running in 6 hours.

bit of a ballbag with the loom getting it through the fire wall but other than that nothing overly head scratching.

you can use the 16v gearbox on it too, will top out at 130 though. ideally its a deisel ctn box youre after.

Cheers for the info guys:thumbleft:

Will be creating another thread on what i could do to my 16v a bit meatier would be great if you have any knowledge on that (explore all my options).

You'd be surprised what a full engine service, cams and a remap can achieve. Still be better on fuel than a g60 too

Any way of knowing if the cams have been done already?

I ask as i got a car for spares and it's nowhere near as nippy as my own.

It picks up well from just under 3k revs right through to 5k but after that it just makes a lot of noise but doesn't pull.

Ok...........I’ve finally put my hand in my pocket & bought a G60 engine & gear box:cool:

the only bad thing is there isn't a supercharger or a wiring loom:!: (any helpful hint on these items would be great)

Time isn't really an issue for me so would love to hear what you guys would do in my position in regard to mods on the engine, things i should investigate to see if they need replacing & just general tinkering as I’m new to the whole 1.8 8v G60.

i haven't had a proper look through the links provided on the first page yet but if you know of any problem i'm going to face feel free to point & laugh esp if you have the solution.

Cheesy; you mentioned about the mileage counter......do you know how to work round it??

Any input would be great, I’ll try & keep a build thread up to date for you all.

Rory