Ralphead

Has anyone run 205/55x15 tyres?

Why on earth would you want/need to know that? Well..

I need some new tyres but can't afford a decent set right now so was thinking about using a set of BMW wheels with nearly new 205/55's I have as a stop gap. The thing is they're buried in the far end of a shed and it would take me a day to get to them.

So before finding out for myself that they don't fit I thought I'd ask.

The rims are 7" wide and ET18, meaning clearance on the inside edge would be fractionally more than standard. They should stick out by about 30mm more than standard. I've seen silly wide wheels on Corrados so I can't see arch clearance being an issue. So in theory the only problem could be tyre height.

By standard I mean 6J, ET35 Sebrings. At a guess my car's about 50mm lower than standard (basic Weitec spring and damper kit)

Should they fit or is it definetely a non starter?

I think your biggest problem is the wheel bolt spacing will be bigger than on a Corrado ..

No problem with taking those tyres off those wheels and sticking them on some Corrado wheels though. They'll be a teeny bit over-size and you'll find the speedo a teeny-bit under-reads, but they'll be fine.