Rams

Hanbrake cable / calliper question does this look right?

Fitted my new brake shields today and the handbrake cable caught my attention. It looks like it could pull out of the holder. I searched for similar issues and found a post about this gap being 4mm but the ones he had were 8mm....

For the guys that have done the mk4 rear brak upgrade, have you got close up pics of this area?

This is how mine looks like. I could have something made to offer more security but the last thing I want is for the handbrake to let go as it could cause an accident.

Had the same issue on my Mk4s. The gap for the cable was bigger on the new calipers. Just used some mole grips to squeeze the gap smaller slightly. Several years ago and no problems. Always leave it in gear as a safeguard.

Did wonder if a bit of heat and some grips would do the trick.... Since I spotted it I have been leaving it in gear.

Just wonder what other people have encountered..... I will measure the gap again and see if this has something to do with the different MK4 models? Or if there are different cables to suit. Would rather not replace the cables as they are brand new... Cheers for your reply