Fanjita

Need help with others pics of their fusebox and surrounding trim please!

Hi all,

Bit of a long request this but basically I have been having problems with indicators not working intermittently. As far as I can make out, it appears this is due to the trim that includes the left hand cubby hole and a few locating hoops for the fusebox cover not fitting properly. Looks like its applying pressure to the indicator relay which may have damaged the terminals within the fusebox.

I don't know if this is a common fault but I'm not sure how far out my fusebox is sat, its secured in the cradle alright. I was hoping people could share with me pictures of their own fusebox and trim so I can see where it's been fitted badly!

I will include a picture of my own soon.

Cheers,

James

Hi mate,

Not a clue on that part, not seen it in my life!

In fact, I cant even see the brackets that secure my fusebox cover in place in that pic!?

They're two lugs protruding out of the back of the cover (number 20 in that pic) which locate into two holes in the trim underneath (looks like its labelled 1?).

It is these two holes that one fouls the relay on....Why can't i see these two plastic loops in that pic!?

Thanks Port,

the fusebox is exactly the same, it's the trim I'm more concerned about.

I'll get some pics shortly so you can all see what I mean.

Hi guys,

I have actually managed to fix my indicators.

I bought a relay from ECP for £8 and the spade terminals look to be the same size, although the footprint of the relay is slightly wider. It seems to be working all the time now! Very happy with an easy fix, was surprised that just swapping the relay has fixed what i thought was a serious contact problem within the actual fusebox.

I'm still baffled with the trim covering it though, mine doesn't seem to resemble the one pictured!

the fusebox cover seems to slot into 2 tabs in the trim underneath, and has 2 large prongs on it to do so. I will get some pics, if there is another type of trim (maybe newer?) that doesnt have these prongs it might prevent unnecessary pressure on the relay in the future.