PeteL

Way to much time on his hands...

Not surprised with the calibre of people formula one teams employ!

My older sister's two kids are involved in motor racing. Her daughter works for Toro Rosso, and was previously off side front wheel for Toyota and Lotus. Her son is a partner in a club racing outfit. Neither knew one end of a spanner from a screwdriver! At the age of 16 her son didn't know what a vice was, despite the fact their dad was in the motor trade and was always fixing cars up at home! Ok so they did engineering at uni, but had no aptitude for mechanical things before this.

Edited by Toohottotrot

Not only a spanner, but I work with carbon fibre. For the last 4 yrs I've made all the front wings and nose boxes. And this years front wing looks a beauty.

They do employ some intelligent people then! Lol

If you see a big lass carrying a Torro Rosso front wheel, tell her you know her uncle!:dance:

Edited by Toohottotrot

I won't see her as I'm factory based, but I know who your talking about. She will run rings around some of the lads on the F1 circuit

I won't see her as I'm factory based, but I know who your talking about. She will run rings around some of the lads on the F1 circuit

Haha! Stomp on em more like! And drink em under the table!

Haha! Stomp on em more like! And drink em under the table!

Yes, that's what I've heard about her, sounds just like my type of girl

Friend of mine is just away to start with Renault or whatever there called now. He has had no motorsport training in the slightest but knows how to fix Tornado's, right place at the right time and I wish him all the luck in the world. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy and I am insanely jealous!!!

I used to work in rallying, it was a couple of years break from the engineering that I normally do in industry. We ran the work's Group N Evos for Ralliart which was good fun. One of the guys on the team went to F1 and is now front jack at Red Bull, stands in front of the car as it comes into the pit box at 60mph, waiting with a sack barrow to lift it up.........nutter! He's a damn good spanner though, best I ever worked with and fully deserving of his place on the world champion's car.