Jim

Anyone here work for an F1 team?

I generally don't like to be quite so up front and brazen about asking for things, but I figure that the old mantra "you don't ask, you don't get" is the only rule that will apply here.

I'm fortunate enough to have been bought a ticket to the F1 at Silverstone this year (on the Sunday) and will be going with my dad and (probably) future brother-in-law. Does anyone here work for an F1 team that would be able to swing something as amazing as pit lane access during the build up or any other similar perk? I've never been to F1 race before and can't wait - and something like that would be the icing on the cake! We've looked into hospitality prices but they're astonishingly expensive!

If you do, and you can, by all means PM me rather than replying in the thread. I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers.

yes i do............ im my dreams lol, i went last year it was bloody awesome you will love it, but i too would of liked pit access and meet the likes of button, webber, hamilton, and tell burny what a t**t he is for selling up to sky lol

..and Sky have not even offered the new F1 HD channel to Virgin - it sickens me that Sky now have the rights when the BBC coverage was so good :-(

Jim I will try and have a word closer to the time, but unless you are a sponsor, or are a personal friend of a team manager I don`t hold out much hope. But who knows. Apart from I won`t be within 20 miles of that bloody race. Its the worst time of the year apart from car build for us at work.

You dont need it anyway Jim! The race is superb enough, try to get close to Club for the end and you will get onto the track for the after race celebrations!

Jim I will try and have a word closer to the time, but unless you are a sponsor, or are a personal friend of a team manager I don`t hold out much hope. But who knows. Apart from I won`t be within 20 miles of that bloody race. Its the worst time of the year apart from car build for us at work.

I knew it was highly unlikely and I know it's all sponsors and friends type arrangement for getting access to such things.. but I do appreciate you offering to see if there's anything you can do :)

Cheers.

I knew it was highly unlikely and I know it's all sponsors and friends type arrangement for getting access to such things.. but I do appreciate you offering to see if there's anything you can do :)

Cheers.

My friend Jenni works for McLaren Racing as a aerodynamic design engineer and even she is only permitted in the pit lane when she is asked to attend to comment on a new component or something. I've asked her in the past if she could swing tickets, VIP access and it's a definite no no unfortunately.

Still... Free tickets to Silverstone is pretty wicked! What paddock you in?

Um.. apparently it's just basic, general access. I know nothing more than that! :)

I used too a while back.... with arrows, jordon, stewart. got out of the circus to have a better quality of life :)

even if you could swing it your better with a decent track side view race day... unless it's test / quallie session. have a good day !

The difference between the BTCC and F1 at Silverstone is quite amusing. For the F1 you don't stand a chance getting anywhere near the centre of the track, never mind the pits (bar a super expensive ticket). For the BTCC we managed to park the car in the centre of the track (don't know how we got away with it!) and then you walk round the back of the pits, have a peek in the garages etc. When Plato gets out of his car he has to fight his way through the crowd to get to his Trailer. Two very different worlds!!

I'm looking at booking tickets for the weekend with camping, are there any special offers going? I've seen the standard prices but would be great to have a bit of a deal going on :thumbleft:

I'm looking at booking tickets for the weekend with camping, are there any special offers going? I've seen the standard prices but would be great to have a bit of a deal going on :thumbleft:

Not that i know of mate, we booked ours whilst we we there last year, supposed to be cheaper (probably a couple of quid!)

Just cover your eyes and hand over your credit card :lol: