tentonhammer

Anyone relined a sunroof?

Sunroof lining is coming away from the main sky panel. Need to either re-stick or re-line entirely.

Anyone had a go at this?

Sunroof lining on surround panel is ok.

Cheers,

Ten Ton

Edited by tentonhammer

Hi

Yep - I did mine. I could not find a match for the material so did it in Black. Got some stretchy cloth from Remnant Kings in Edinburgh for about £6 and it went on fine and in fact I think the contrast with the light couloured headlining is pretty good.

Did you have to remove the sky panel at all? Noticed the lining sits slightly within the sunroof housing and surround that's all.

I want it to look as clean as I can.

Cheers,

Ten Ton

Yes you do - its only secured by two (maybe 3) small strips of metal that act as hinges. I recovered the complete sunroof housing as the area arond the panel was also grubby despite my best (or worst!) efforts at cleaning it.

I can take a pic of how it turned out andpost it up but it would be tomorrow at the earliest

I MAY have to do the whole thing too, although last time I checked the housing lining was pretty clean (housing is black anyway so not noticable!). It's just the sky panel lining that hanging off. Looks like it's been snagged at somepoint too so unable to re-stick cleanly without creases etc.

What did you use as an adhesive?

Pics would be great :thumbleft:

Cheers,

Ten Ton

Hi Again - here is how it looks.

I used spray adhesive that I got from a car audio place and is used to accoustic arpet etc

I've a problem that the fabric is coming away from the backing behind the sunvisors and the interior light unit. Has anyone tried this type of adhesive with the standard trim? Does it show through or leave a stain or anything?

Cheers