jaseb23

project working after 6 years! :o)

hi guys i have finally managed to drive my 16v G60 corrado for more than 4 miles without breaking it! its very much a love hate relationship i have been building it for more than 9 years so its a great feeling to get it t&t and rolling the only slight hic up was the rear caliper sticking a bit causing the paint to change colour. been too scared to let rip with the loud pedal yet last time i did it snapped the kevlar reinforced charger belt, so ill drive it about a bit gently. but the noise is contagous i forgot why i built it in the first place. anyway it feels great to have my baby back. better than a birthday.. or maybe it is..lol

Edited by jaseb23
missed a word

Well done you, 16VG60 is the way to go. Totally agree the sound of these engines is awesome. I built my first generation engine back in the early 90's, am now on the third generation of my original build. Mine is fully run in now and it gets wound up fully to 7500rpm crack of dawn on all the twisty roads of my county. Enjoy your efforts to the full, you will have worked hard for this result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definatly brings out the grin factor. i just hope i can keep the toothed belt on this time. then get it dynoed and reak havoc. 7.500 sounds mental. what size pulley are you running? i have been told to keep mine under 6500. for fear of blowing the charger to bits. im running the equivelent to 68mm.