Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

Who's going to AMD then?

Nice one, Jim - maybe we could all meet by the Saxo, as it'll be easy to find :wink: .

I'm looking forward to putting a few faces to names.

I hope to come along a meet a few of you but I think I will park my car a few minutes walk away so I don't have to suffer the embarrassment of seeing my 'project' alongside all your well sorted rides! :oops:

Dude.. I drive a Citroen Saxo. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Even if the car is missing body parts or panels, the group are still pleased to have more Corrado's in the club and at these events!

andyg60

Certainly. If I make, i'd be glad to meet you. Wouldn't mind going out for a small trip with you in your 16v just to remind myself what it was like! :)

Grugh, don't worry about your mota, mate! Mine needs stuff done to it too to make it look A1. The more the better!

Jim, if you're fully comp, you're welcome to have a spin :D

I'm fully comp but not 'drive any vehicle' - direct line dont offer that till you are 25. Nice! So it looks i'll have to be a passenger if anything :|

That's a shame :( You're more than welcome to be a passenger- maybe you can help me find where my rattle is coming from! :D

yep I'm there in the 6.

don't be shy grugh, you'll see by the state of my paint (and shabby wheels)!!!

Any of you fancy 'convoying' down - I realise that my car doesnt really fit into the convoy but i'd appreciate it if you are heading down the M40 if you'd meet up at the services just before J13 you took to get to Heritage Motor Museum.. never been down Bicester way (well since living there 12+ years ago) and I think i'd probably get lost.. if anyone is gonna take a cruise down (at under 100MPH so I can keep up) i'd be interested.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Well AmD is 12th of April I believe... they are more than happy to let people come and watch but you can only get on the rollers by prior arrangement.. all the spots have been taken up now!

Oh right, I agreed to meet Roddy up there on that day anyway. Probably see you there then!

I don't need to roller mine as I already know it puts out 200bhp + 193lb/ft in standard form :D . The right honourable Mr Vince Saiya did the rolling for me last month.

I'm keen to see what the results of a re-chip yield! Might invest myself if it's good.

Kev

94 VR6

Kev,

Did you go to the Stealth Rolling Road day then? I didn't see you / know you were going! I was there as well.. it was 3 days before I bought my new car, so I was in my Blackberry Corrado 16v.

Is Roddy making the trip all the way down from Scotland for this?

Hiya, no I just went up for a service and general check-over (a week before the RR shoot-out) over as I'd just bought the car and didn't know anything about C's then. I just wanted the thumbs up from Vince that it was mechanically sound before sinking any cash into it. If it was a lemon, it would have been sold but as it turned out, it's an absolute flyer, much to the surprise of the pair of us!

I'm going back up there on Monday for a new clutch and an oil cooler.

Yes I believe Mr Roddy is coming down to have his car chipped on the 12th.

Have you got any results from the shoot-out?

Kev

Kev,

No results I am afraid.. though might make it into the next CCGB Sprinter magazine! :)

Glad to hear your C was in good shape.. Vince is a top guy.. even after only two or three visits he had remebered my name and always said hi.. whenever it is I get back into the VW stable, Stealth Racing will always be getting my business.

Jim, exactly right with Vince. He values loyal customers and helps new ones as best he can. He doesn't BS you or waste your time with rubbish parts that won't make a difference. He's not a salesman, he's an enthusiast, which is why I've been frequenting his establishment for 4 years, despite Graham (the old guy) lobbing spanners across the workshop when things don't go his way, LOL!

Kev

Hahaha... I haven't ever seen Graham lose his rag :)

That G60 he drives is a bit of alright though.. totally didn't have him down as the owner of that the first time I went there.

Is Roddy making the trip all the way down from Scotland for this?

i think mr haywire is getting his dates muddled up............yes i am going down to AmD in april.........but its april the 10th my motor is booked in for a re-chip :wink: 8) ..........so kev are you still up for meeting up on the 10th????....let me know either way m8 :wink:

Ooops sorry yes I did get the dates muddled up! Yep still on for the 10th, and possibly the 12th aswell to meet some of the other guys too.

Jim, Graham is always cursing and swearing when I'm there! Must be my prescence that brings out the worst in him, LOL!

Kev

Ah... never mind Roddy. Was looking forward to meeting you in person & checking our your Storm.

Maybe next time eh!

Ah... never mind Roddy. Was looking forward to meeting you in person & checking our your Storm.

Maybe next time eh!

well if you can make it to inters.....i might well be taking the storm down....as dubster82's g-60 has a few minor niggles that need attended to before going on a 600 mile trip

We'll have to see about Inters.. if anything I wouldn't mind hitching a lift with someone as I dont particularly fancy the enormous journey by myself - though if I can persuade a mate to go with me, then I might.