akacheesy

HID Conversion

Hi all.

Thinking of fitting an HID conversion to the 'rado. has anyone done this? Is it possible to buy a kit that does both the H4 and the main beam H3's?

Check new MOT legislation before you proceed. What you wish to do is all possible, but if you don't carry out the install including projector headlamps, self levelling system and headlamp washers it will fail the MOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep he's right. So what you do is fit em, come mot time either find a friendly tester or remove em and refit after. 10min job once you've done em once.

Osram H4 Night Breaker bulbs with an uprated head light loom is just as good if not better IMO. Wetsand your headlight lenses too with 800, 1000, and 1200 grit paper, and a polish to finish - Keeps them looking shiny like wet glass and helps dispurse the light better as well.

BTW - Had HID's in mine (were fitted to the car when I bought it) I stripped them out in the end because they only brightened the main beam or dipped, can't remember which one now.

Edited by tentonhammer

HID not fitted to dome projectors are crap!

The light just goes everywhere waste of money and annoying to other road users

Just buy good quality nightbreakers and uprated loom

I had H4 hids a few years back on and old raddo, think they rotated upside down when you flashed. But they didn't last long until the connections corroded and fell apart!

On my current raddo I have an updated loom with updated bulbs (nothing too fancy) and they work a treat, a more useful light then hids imo.

Everyone knows how poor the standard lights are, and hids do look trick so I can see the appeal in them. But for actual updated lights, stick an updated loom in.

Osram H4 Night Breaker bulbswith an uprated head light loom is just as good if not better IMO. Wetsand your headlight lenses too with 800, 1000, and 1200 grit paper, and a polish to finish - Keeps them looking shiny like wet glass and helps dispurse the light better as well.

BTW - Had HID's in mine (were fitted to the car when I bought it) I stripped them out in the end because they only brightened the main beam or dipped, can't remember which one now.

Wetsand on the inside or outside? Polish with what? Were talking glass?

Lateral thought. Car does not comply with current regulations sir, so your insurance is void.

Just a random thought as it were

Wetsand on the inside or outside? Polish with what? Were talking glass?

Wetsand glass OEM lenses on the outside. Wetsand in one direction, increasing the grade of paper as you go, keep paper nice and wet and take your time! I normally pre-soak paper for at least 5 miuites before sanding and keep paper wet throughout for best results. Clean lenses with strong glass cleaner after sanding, little dab of polish to seal, and then buff to finish.

I get alot of people complimenting me on how shiny and brand new my headlights look - You gotta put the time in though!

Edited by tentonhammer

OK, thanks for the comments.

I have an upgraded loom but I have a problem with it. The main beam fuse keeps blowing. I have 100/80 H4's and 100watt for the secondary lights, any suggestions?