XIII

'92 | 2.0 16v | Converting to single fuel pump

Hey,

I just replaced the external fuel pump, thinking that it would be an easier and faster solution to one of my everlasting fuel problems, than converting it into a singe-pump, as I only have 1 car and have to use it pretty much every day. And now the plastic casing/reservoir has crack in it that some "handyman" had already fixed once with glue whoknows when.

My point is, that I'm realizing I made a wrong choice, as this almost self-breaking piece of plastic costs pretty much the same as many walbro fuel pumps. And this "quick'n'simple" is getting to be a real headache.

However, I don't have much experience with cars overall, so I have some questions.

I guess all of the questions can be put into one big general question - "What I need to know before going to shop and buying a new pump?"

• Many people go with walbro, so I guess it's a good choice? If so, what model would I need?
  • How much, and what customizing will it involve?

I'm pretty clueless on even what to even ask really.. so any advice is greatly appreciated.