cptkirk

will 225/45/17 fit on the rear of my c

I have 215 on the front 225 on the rear. it will scrape if you try very very hard.....and my car is low. I think my offset is 38 & the rims are 8" be careful they dont catch your suspension.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

ooops no I dont! I have 205 & 215s.... so yeah 225 is quite wide for a C

wont fit and will rub, been there years ago when i bought some audi comps and thought Mmmmm will they fit straight on, the answer was no.

pmsl..love some of the comments here..

ive got some 215/45/17 on now..put the rims on and im very happy..miles better than the 15's it had before..ill get pics on tomorrow..

with the et40 offset and 215's..can i still lower it 30 mm

will it make a big differance

with the vec..it had 55/16s..with every inch extra with the rim you take it off the tyrewall...

so

55/16's to 45/17's

Edited by cptkirk

Corrado 15=50 16=45 17=40 in the same way but with tyre wall as a % of width going wider has an impact too

The aspect ratio (or profile) is a percentage of the tyre width. So, for a tyre size 205/50 R15, the 50 (aspect ratio) would work out as about 102.5mm - 50% of the width.

So, as standard, fitting a 17" rim, you'd fit tyre size 205/40 R17. To fit a tyre with a greater overall width, you would then need to reduce the aspect ratio in order to keep the rolling circumference similar to OE spec. So, in theory, to fit a tyre with a 225 width, you should really reduce aspect ratio to a '30', so 225/30r17.

ive now got 205's on the front not 215's still 45 profile...am i lookig at a small speedo difference or is it more than that

It will cause the speedo to be out slightly. I'm fairly busy at the moment, but if I get time, I'll work out by what percentage, and off I can work out what your speedo will be saying at what speed.

Right, I've had a look into this for you.

Oe 195/50 R15 rolling circumference would be 1737mm (avg rc), 205/40 R17 rc=1796 (avg rc) and 215/40 R17 rc=1858 (avg rc).

So, when comparing the 205/45R17 with 205/40 R17, the 205/45 r17 will have a greater rolling circumference of nearly 62mm, 3.4%. Normally, 3% would be the normal recommended maximum tolerance. Going by this, when your speedo reads 70mph, you are in fact travelling at 72.5mph.

That said, the difference between the oe 195/50 R15 and a 205/40 R17 is about 3.44% or 59.7mm. Meaning that if you move straight to 205/40r17 from the 15", your speedo will read 70mph when you're actually doing 72.4mph.

Hope that helps.

wow..im crap at maths lol....its not that big of as problem if were looking at a few mph....ive found that the 215's rub on the front so hopefuly the 205's wont..will find out at weekend.

cheers for you input m8

To be honest, my first C had 17"s on and I ran in the 205/40 r17. Fitted a treat, and I found I got used to allowing for 2mph as and when I needed to.

Its not a big difference between the 205/40 and 205/45.

The figures I used were based on average rolling circumferences, but the difference between different tyre manufacturers dimensions can vary by a few millimetres, so you may find one brand fits perfectly and another is on fractionally too big.

I always found Toyo Proxes T1R (or T1S) a good fit in a 205/40 R17, and my first C was slammed as low as possible at the front.

with the 215/45s on the front its rubbing on speed bumps on the top of the arch..ill swap um over torrow and see what the crack is..its getting lowered by 30mm min so i wanna make sure its fine.. cheers again

swapped um over and the fronts are fine..ive now got the 215's on the rear and there rubbing on the suspension leg..apart from getting 205's or spacers..is there any other way around it??