Sign in to follow this  
bazgreener

Fitted my air/fuel gauge

Just fitted my air fuel gauge supplied by Dubcharged. Very interesting to see exactly what the mixture is doing, the meter cycles up and down at idle and very light throttle then you can see it go rich when you floor it :)

At £30 a cheap way to keep any eye on your mixture and know that your oxygen sensor is working ok. oh and it looks cool 8)

see here

Munkay: You posted at 4:38am ?!?!? I check the forum quite often but you my friend take the biscuit (lol)

Let me know if you want the gauge, i'll reserve it for ya :D

hehe yeah just in from town.

Think i need to give my liver a break.

I'll leave the gauge for just now as I would also need to get hold of a boost gauge and a gauge panel. Thanks tho

Yeah, I got mine fitted in at the weekend.

As Bazgreener has mentioned, the SNS chip goes from closed loop cycle on idle & part throttle to rich immediately on full throttle.

A very useful gauge. It's also telling me I may have a problem with the idle switch. It sometimes runs stoich or rich at idle.

Dubcharged, is this normal or do I have a problem?

I can mail a pic of it fitted if you like but a present it is blu-tak`d into the corner of my dash as my a-pillar pod still hasn`t arrived :mad:

Jon: At idle the gauge should be cycling and will be erratic. When you come off ful throttle, the gauge will register your max fuelling for a couple of seconds until idle is stabilised again. So no, you dont have a problem :D

What colour was the wire on the lambda probe side that you connected to?

I have 4 wires,2 white,1 black and 1 brown-which is the earth.

cheers

The colours vary from lambda to lambda, the signal wire is the one which looks to be seperate from the other three.

What was the colour on your one Baz?

those air fuel gauges arent very acurate i have heard as they only show a low band of values.

It goes directly onto the sensor.

LowG: All Air/fuel gauges are only as good as the lambda they use. Since we all have narrow band lambda's we will only get accurate readings up to stoich. All the A/F gauges work form the same principle of displaying the voltage change from the lambda.

A/F gauges are not a tuning tool, you need a wide band lambda for that. They are however, a very useful tool in showing you if something has gone wrong with your fuelling since they will display lean conditions accurately.

Bilal, the wire I tapped into was the pinky purple coloured wire, it`s inside an rf sheilded covering with another wire and goes right past a grommet in the bulkhead, up near the brake master cylinder.

Dubcharged, are these still available? do I need to contact you to place an order?

I assume they are just as usable for a 16v corrado? How much would the guage panel be?

Cheers mate

Lippy

Hi Mate

Yes these are still available, I have one left in stock. They are useable for any car with a lambda sensor. I've pm'd you with the price.

Cheers

Hey Dubcharged,any chance you can get me a no-lag SNS eprom for my 9A 2.0 G60.16V corrado?,let me know what kind of details you require regarding the inj.system,engine etc,cheers,Andrew.